Iman Vellani is a Pakistani Canadian actress. She became a Marvel superhero and made her on-screen debut with an OTT mini-series released on 8 June 2022. She is also cast for the next Marvel film, The Marvels.
Iman Vellani was born on Tuesday, 3 September 2002 (age 19 years; as of 2021) in Karachi, Pakistan. Metro Her parents migrated to Canada with her when she was one year old. Esquire She completed her graduation at Unionville High School in Ontario, Canada.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Iman Vellani is from a Muslim family.
Parents & Siblings
Husband & Children
In 2019, she was selected as the TIFF Next Wave Committee member at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Marvel Studios announced the Ms. Marvel series in August 2019. Vellani gave a Zoom audition for the main character and her audition was highlighted by Sana Amanat. She is a character developer at Marvel and Kamala Khan’s character co-creator. In 2020, she directed two short films, including Push Vimeo and I don’t wanna b alone. Vimeo In September 2020, Vellani cleared the auditions for the role of Kamala Khan, who is a superhero in Ms. Marvel, a Disney+ and Marvel Studio mini-series. She co-starred with Yasmeen Fletcher, Mohan Kapur, Laurel Marsden, Matt Lintz, Azhar Usman, Zenobia Shroff, and Saagar Shaikh in this mini-series. Iman is from a Muslim family, and in the series, she played Marvel’s first Muslim Superhero. Once, she talked about this experience and said,
Growing up, I felt very disconnected from my culture and religion because I grew up in Canada. I didn’t have any brown friends that weren’t from my mosque and I didn’t hang out with them. Filming the show, I learned so much about my ancestry. That’s such a special thing I get to share with the character, and that’s because I was working with so many incredible creators who were from a Muslim or Pakistani background. The Guardian
In June 2022, she also appeared in A Fan’s Guide to Ms. Marvel, a short documentary film featuring interviews with the filmmaking team and Vellani. On 8 June, she made her on-screen debut. The mini-series and Vellani’s performance were praised by the audience and received numerous positive reviews. This mini-series is released as a part of the fourth phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and is created to form a base for The Marvels, which is the next movie of this franchise. Vellani is also cast in the film The Marvels, which is expected to release on 28 July 2023.
- Actor: Robert John Downey Jr.
- Singer: Billy Joel
- Film Producer: Kevin Feige
- She is a big fan of Iron Man and can recite the first five minutes of the First sequel of Iron Man.
- In her entire bedroom, she has Marvel posters all around. In her Zoom call audition for Ms. Marvel, she showed her entire room to the Co-executive producer Sana Amanat. In an Interview, Amanat said,
She showed me every corner of her room, and it was covered with Avengers. Then she said, ‘Oh wait, I’m not done’, opened up her closet, and there was more Marvel everywhere.’
- She read Ms. Marvel, an American comic book, in her teenage years and became a huge fan of Kamal Khan’s character. After playing the lead role in the Ms. Marvel series, she talked about it and said,
- After graduation, she had plans to attend the Ontario College of Art & Design University to study integrated media but couldn’t do it. The Hollywood Reporter