Hunter Doohan is an American actor and writer known for his acting in the American film Soundwave (2018) and television series Truth Be Told (2019) and Your Honor (2020).
Hunter Haven Doohan Voter Records was born on Wednesday, January 19, 1994 (age 27 years; as of 2021) in Fort Smith, Arkansas, US. He grew up in almost all parts of Southern America including Alabama, Georgia, and Arkansas. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
He was interested in acting since childhood. When he was in high school, he spent most of his time in the drama department until graduation; at the same time, he discovered a local community theater, where he began acting on stage. He moved to Los Angeles after his graduation. His initial plans were to attend Oklahoma City University to pursue a BFA in the theater, but took an internship with Elizabeth Barnes, a casting director in Los Angeles, during the summer after his high school. He then decided to have a manager and put his college at stay. After that, he pursued a two-year acting program in Santa Monica before taking other acting classes for the next two years, working in his day jobs during the process. The Film Frenzy
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Light Golden Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
His father, Peter Doohan (tennis professional and coach who worked at ATP Tour), passed away from complications due to ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) in 2017. His mother’s name is Angie Harper Carmichael (Weight Loss Consultant at Metabolic Research Center). He has an elder brother named John Doohan (Ozark Tennis Academy).
Relationships and Husband
On December 31, 2020, he got engaged to a man named Fielder Jewett.
He made his debut with the American short ‘Lost Pursuit’ (2012) as ‘Dreamer.’
He then went on to act in the short films Grace (2013), It’s Supposed to be Healthy (2015), Mosh Opera (2016), After You’ve Gone (2016), Far from the Tree (2017), and Dirty Bomb (2018). He made his feature debut with the American film ‘Coffee House Chronicles: The Movie’ (2016) as ‘Owen.’
He appeared in lead roles in the American films Soundwave (2018) and Where We Disappear (2019).
He made his television debut with the film ‘The Other Client List’ (2015) as ‘Lemonade Man.’
He went on to act in the American series Coffee House Chronicles (2015), Westworld (2018), Schooled (2019), Aware I’m Rare (2019), and What/If (2019). He earned his first significant TV role when he was cast as the teenage version of ‘Warren Cave’ in the TV series ‘Truth Be Told’ in 2019.
In 2020, he made his breakthrough with the main role of ‘Adam Desiato’ in the Showtime miniseries ‘Your Honor.’
In 2015, he made his debut as a writer and producer with the short ‘It’s Supposed to be Healthy.’ He has also produced the short ‘After You’ve Gone’ (2016). In 2016, he made his debut as a director with the short ‘After You’ve Gone’ and went on to direct the short ‘Far from the Tree’ (2017).
- TV Show(s): Breaking Bad (2008), Euphoria (2019), The Queen’s Gambit (2020)
- Writer: Diablo Cody
- Actor(s): Bryan Cranston, Donald Glover, Timothèe Chalamet
- Actress(s): Michaela Coel, Zendaya, Anya Taylor- Joy
- When he started his acting career, he found it hard to get a good opportunity. As a result, he began writing and making short films. According to him,
My acting reel was made up of that. So that’s where the interest came from. A lot of what I’ve written has been coming-of-age dramedies.”
- In March 2017, he started a company named Hunter Doohan, Inc., in Burbank, California.
- For his performance in the film Soundwave (2018), he won the Best Actor award at Northern Virginia International Film and Music Festival 2019.
- In 2020, United Talent Agency (UTA) signed with Hunter. The company has hosted talents like Johnny Depp, Jim Carrey, and Dave Chappelle.
- Hunter wants to learn how to play the guitar. According to him, he has tried to learn guitar probably five times in his life but couldn’t do it.
- Ever since the loss of his father, he has involved himself with the ALS Association Golden West Chapter, a social service organization in Los Angeles, which is supporting the people living with ALS and their families. He also donates and volunteers for Team Gleason in New Orleans, which is also working to support people with ALS.
- He is an avid cat lover and owns a pet cat.