Nayana Dasgupta is the wife of an Indian journalist and Senior Executive Editor of NDTV India, Ravish Kumar. She is a professor of history at Lady Shri Ram College of Commerce.
Nayana, a native of West Bengal, was raised in Delhi.
Dasgupta has done an MPhil in History from Deshbandhu College, the University of Delhi in the 90s. Her field of research is the Cultural History of Medieval Bengal, with a special focus on aspects of women’s history. YouTube
Height (approx): 5′ “5
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Nayana’s father has served as the joint secretary in the defence ministry of India. Outlook
Husband & Children
Nayana Gupta has two daughters with Ravish Kumar. The elder daughter is nicknamed Tinni.
Nayana started her job as a professor of history at Lady Sri Ram College of commerce in 2006. She teaches the medieval history of India to the students in the college.
- Nayana and Ravish Kumar first met each other a while they were pursuing an MA at Deshbandhu college in Delhi. Ravish who has studied at Hindi medium schools was not well versed in English that caused him difficulties in a grasping the lessons in college. Back then, Nayana used to help Ravish with the language.
- Nayana and Ravish had to face several challenges to convince their parents who were against their love marriage. Reportedly, both of them had to break ties with their families to get married to each other. However, their parents accepted their marriage after a few years.
- Ravish Kumar revealed in an interview once that Nayana is such a good teacher that he takes lectures on history from her even today.
- Nayana’s prime area of research is the Cultural History of Medieval Bengal. She holds a specific interest in aspects of women’s history.
- Nayana lives with her family in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
References [ + ]