Komal Shahani is an Indian costume designer and a celebrity stylist, who workes in both Bollywood and Kollywood industries.
Komal Shahani was born on Wednesday, 9 December 1981 (age 41 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai Maharastra, India. Komal Shahani pursued bachelors from NIFT college and SDNT college. Later, she also pursued Textile Designing from Rachna Sansad. LinkedIn After completing her education, Komal started working in a boutique as an assistant. After a few years, she got a chance to work in the film industry as a costume designer. Komal’s first film was a Tamil film, 180, in 2011. Soon Komal started getting more opportunities to design costumes in the film industry, as she did styling in many bollywood films like Welcome2, Khiladi 786, and Welcome to Karachi. Apart from the film industry, Komal also worked in many TV commercials. Komal worked as a stylist for Filmfare magazine. Komal Shahani also owns a studio that is in Juhu Mumbai. Komal always believed in keeping the look fresh, alive, and real.
Parents & Siblings
Komal Shahani’s father’s name is Vishnu Shahani.
Komal’s mother’s name is Bharati Shahani.
Her sister’s name is Sonal Shahani.
Husband & Children
Komal Shahani’s husband’s name is Ashish R Mohan. Ashish is an Indian film director and actor, who worked in Bollywood films like Welcome to Karachi and Khiladi 786. Komal Shahani and Ashish got married in 2012.
Their wedding was a star-studded wedding. Many celebrities from the film industry attended their wedding. Komal’s friend Ameesha Patel also attended their wedding.
They have a son Rivaan and, he is four years old, as of 2022.
Komal Shahani after completing her education joined a boutique showroom as an assistant. Later, Komal got a chance to work in the film industry. Komal worked in movies like Khiladi 786, Welcome2, boss, and Welcome to Karachi.
She also worked in south Indian films. Her first south Indian Film was 180. Later, she worked for South Indian film Thuppakka. Komal designed costumes for many Bollywood celebrities like Akshay Kumar, Sidharth Malhotra, Priety Zinta, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Kajal Aggrawal, Ayesha Takia, Asin, and Minissha Lamba.
Apart from this, Komal Shahani also worked for Filmfare magazines featuring Preity Zinta and Neha Dhupia and, she also worked for various tv commercials.
- Komal Shahani was honoured with Ananda Vikatan Award for the best costume designer and stylist for a Tamil film.
- Komal Shahani was nominated for the best costume designer in IIFA Awards.
- Komal was also nominated for the National Award for the best costume designer.
Komal Shahani rides a BMW.
- According to Komal Shahani, she is considered to be the best costume designer for Akshay Kumar.
- Komal Shahani is very active on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- As per Komal, she is very fond of shopping, travelling, and exploring new places with her friends and family.
- Komal Shahani also started the page with the name Komalshahani0.blogspot.com/, in which she talks about various fashion tips and also about her travel diaries.
- Komal always wanted to work in a historical movie or something that is relevant to history.