Anna Ador was born Anastasiya Hamolka on Wednesday, 23 March 1994 (age 29 years; as of 2023) in Minsk, capital of Belarus, Europe. At the age of seven, she joined an Indian dance group in Minsk. She learned Indian Classical and Bollywood dance. When she was thirteen, she participated in many dance and acting performances and traveled across Lithuania, Bulgaria, Egypt, Poland, etc. In 2010, she came to India for the wedding of a friend and took up an acting course in Delhi, where she started learning the aspects of acting.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel Green
Anna Ador belongs to a family of academicians, but she decided to become an artist.
Parents & Siblings
Anna Ador’s mother played a crucial role in shaping her career. Her mother supported her since childhood, from enrolling Anna in dance class to sending her to India for her acting career.
She began her film acting career with the Punjabi historical film “Saka: The Martyrs of Nankana Sahib” in which she played the character of Susan; the film was released on 8 April 2016. In the film Fredrick (2016), she played a role of a secret agent. Anna Ador played a small role as Gothic Chick in the Bollywood film “Udta Punjab” (2016). In November 2016, she appeared in the Gujarati film “Passport” in which Anna Ador played the lead role of Anna Bella Goldsmith. In 2017, Anna acted in “Gurgaon,” a crime story, and “Qaidi Band,” a musical drama. She appeared in a small role in the Bollywood film”Batti Gul Meter Chalu,” starring Shahid Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor, and Yami Gautam.
She played a small role in the 2021 Oscar-nominated film “The White Tiger.”
In 2017, Anna shared the screen with RajKummar Rao in the series “Bose: Dead/Alive,” based on the mystery of the death of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, and the series won numerous accolades for Best Web Series, Best Art Direction, etc.
She appeared as Natalia Petrova in the series “Lock’d IN” (2021). She also appeared as Chloe in the top-rated MX player web series “Campus Diaries” (2022). She appeared as Aimee Baptiste in the Netflix series “Aranyak” in 2021. Anna Ador appeared as Svetalana in the web series Farzi (2023).
She has done some well-known plays like “Jannat Central,” written by Trishla Patel, in 2017, and “Detective 9-2-11,” directed by Atul Kumar. She appeared in the act, Sounding Vanya, inspired by the play “Uncle Vanya,” written by the Russian playwright Anton Chekhov. She does theatre on a regular basis and has appeared in many shows like “The Lesson,” Macbeth,” ” Hamlet,” and “Cat Among the Pigeons.”
- Anna has directed some short films as well like “No Lift,” and “Sthir.”
- She has worked as an executive producer for the films “Parikatha,” and “Three and a Half.”
- She often takes acting workshops for aspiring actors.
- At the age of 15, she got a scholarship to study at New York Film Academy, but unfortunately, she couldn’t get a visa to go to the USA.
- Since childhood, she was interested in watching Hindi films and developed a good command over the language.
- In her struggling period in India, Anna worked as a bartender and played dhol at Indian weddings.
- She took a ten-day intensive course to learn Gujarati for the film “Passport” (2016).
- In an interview, she revealed that she used Ana as her nickname after coming to India as a short name for Anastasiya, which turned out as Anna, and she added Ador as a pseudonym to it.