Khan Bhaini is an Indian singer and lyricist. He is known for singing Punjabi songs such as Surma, Naagmani, and BBBB.
Khan Bhaini aka Salim Khan YouTube – Rabb Da Banda was born on Thursday, 26 October 1995 (age 28 years; as of 2024) in Bhaini Mehraj, Barnala, Punjab, India. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He did his schooling at Government Senior Secondary School, Bhaini Mehraj. He was interested in singing since his childhood and used to sing during school assemblies or cultural festivals. He pursued a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree at Guru Gobind Singh College, Sanghera. Facebook – Khan Bhaini
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 40″, Waist 32″, Biceps 13″
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents. He has a brother who works as a cattle feed supplier and a sister.
Wife & Children
He is unmarried and does not have any children.
He has a maternal niece named Muskan.
He had a brother-in-law named Arshdeen who used to work as a truck driver in Saudi Arabia and died in a road accident in July 2016; Arshdeen’s body was brought back to India with the help of Bhagwant Mann, who was the Member of Parliament (MP) from Sangrur at that time. Facebook – Bhagwant Mann
He follows Islam and goes to the mosque whenever he goes to his village.
Singer and Lyricist
When he was studying in college, he met Jagraj Mander aka Sycostyle, a music producer, who encouraged him to write music.
He later felt that lyricists or songwriters do not get recognition in the Punjabi music industry after which he started singing songs and released his first song in October 2019 titled Bille Bille Naina Waliye released by Single Track Studios (STS) on YouTube which became very popular. He later moved to Mohali near Chandigarh where he wrote and sang many songs.
He later released many songs that went on to become viral hits such as Gaddi Pichhe Naa featuring Shipra Goyal in November 2019, Proud To Be Desi featuring the Canadian rapper Fateh Doe in September 2020, Lamborghini featuring Raj Shoker in 2021, and Off Roading in 2023.
Replies to Sidhu Moose Wala, Gulab Sidhu, and Karan Aujla
In 2021, an alleged fight was going on between Sidhu Moose Wala and Karan Aujla in which they reportedly threatened each other. Reportedly, Khan Bhaini released a song Shartaan in which he wrote that he did not want to fight anyone in the songs. When people speculated that Khan Bhaini was talking about Sidhu or Aujla, he clarified that he was referring to all the singers who fight with other musicians through their songs. He also replied to singer Gulab Sidhu in his song Listen Bro as Gulab sided with Sidhu Moose Wala during his feud with Aujla. YouTube – Viral Punjabi Gyan
Fake Copyright Strikes
In February 2023, he released his song Naam Sunuga on his official YouTube channel titled Khan Bhaini which received a false copyright strike. Twitter – Khan Bhaini Khan Bhaini took to Twitter to complain about this and received another fake copyright strike on the same day. Both were later removed by India following which he again uploaded the song for his fans.
He owns a Toyota Fortuner SUV.
He has got multiple tattoos inked on his body inclduing Sycostyle with different signs related to music, Cleopatra with a dog, and a leaf on his right elbow.
- While growing up, he lived in a small house which was in a very poor condition. He later earned money and built a new house for his family in his village.
- He often talks about his childhood friend Teji Dhaliwal in his songs. It is said that Teji and Khan Bhaini studied in the same classroom and played Kabaddi together. Later when they grew up, Teji helped Khan Bhaini with money to release his songs.
- People of Bhaini Mehraj village, his school teachers, and his friends described him as a very humble and down-to-earth person who spent time with them whenever he visited his village from Mohali. His teachers revealed that Khan Bhaini liked drawing during his school years and often decorated the school boards during celebrations. The Sarpanch (Village Chief) of his village said that Khan Bhaini would stop his car when he saw them and would have a fun chat with them for a few minutes.
- In a Facebook post in 2018, he wrote that he wanted the first child born in his house to be a girl. He later wrote that his elder brother became the father of a girl whom they named Raavi. Facebook – Khan Bhaini
- Before he gained fame as a singer, he used to work in the local anaj mandi (grain market) as a transporter.
- Khan Bhaini revealed in an interview that many fans have given him the nickname Bishbas Khan which shows his fans’ trust in him about the quality of his songs.
- He has not taken any formal music training and called his singing ability a God-given talent.
- He likes to travel to hilly areas and swim during his free time.
- As of January 2024, Khan Bhaini has more than 2 million (20 lakh) followers on Instagram, Instagram – Khan Bhaini 3 lakh followers on Facebook, Facebook – Khan Bhaini and 4 lakh subscribers on YouTube. He has more than 230 million (2 crore) views on the videos uploaded on his YouTube channel. YouTube – Khan Bhaini