Karan Sharma is an Indian actor and model who primarily works in Hindi television shows. He is well known for his role in the television shows ‘Ekk Nayi Pehchaan’ as Karan Suresh Modi on Sony TV (2013) and ‘Sasural Simar Ka 2’ as Vivaan Oswal on Colors TV (2021).
Karan Sharma was born on Friday, 6 March 1981 (age 41 years; as of 2022) in Ranipokhari, Dehradun, India. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 32″, Biceps 16″
Karan Sharma belongs to a Garhwali family. The Times of India
Parents & Siblings
Karan’s father, R.K. Sharma, served as a subedar in the Indian Army.
His sister’s name is Shivani Semwal.
He has a younger brother, Anuj Kishore.
Wife & Children
Karan Sharma got married to Tiaara Kar on 16 November 2016 in the presence of only their family members and close friends.
Tiaara is a singer and actress, who belongs to a Bengali family. The wedding took place at Karan’s hometown Ranipokhari in Dehradun with the fusion of Garhwali and Bengali rituals. After three years of marriage, the couple decided to part ways and got legally divorced on 23 December 2019. In an interview, when asked about the reason behind his divorce, Karan said,
Our marriage was not going in the right direction. Initially, we thought that it would be better to give some time to our relationship. However, when things didn’t work out after two years, we decided to part ways and had been living separately for almost a year. Mutual understanding is what keeps two individuals bound together in a marriage, and when things don’t work out, it is better to move on.” The Times of India
Before getting married to Tiaara Kar, Karan Sharma dated her for more than a year after he met Tiaara through a mutual friend. In 2020, it was rumoured that Karan Sharma dated Shweta Rohira, an Indian actress and businesswoman.
Shweta is the rakhi sister of Salman Khan, and the ex-wife of Pulkit Samrat, who got divorced in 2017. Karan and Shweta met on the sets of the play Blind Date. Later, when asked about her bonding with Karan, Shweta denied any kind of relationship with him.
Karan started his acting career by taking part in a workshop at the National School of Drama in New Delhi in which he performed several plays in various languages like English, Kannada, and Hindi. Later, he appeared in lead roles in various theatrical productions and stage shows.
In 2009, Karan made his acting debut in television with the show Pyaar Ka Bandhan in which he played the role of Sujoy Das on Sony TV.
In 2010, he appeared in four shows; Baa Bahoo Aur Baby as Anirudh Desai on StarPlus, Sapnon Se Bhare Naina as Abhi on StarPlus, Bandini as Krishna Arjan Mahiyavanshi on NDTV Imagine, and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai as Rishabh on StarPlus. In 2012, Karan appeared on Zee TV in the show Pavitra Rishta as Sunny Mukesh Khandeshi.
In 2013, he played the role of Karan Suresh Modi in the show Ekk Nayi Pehchaan on Sony TV.
Karan is well known for playing the role of Ayush Gokhale in the show Mohi on StarPlus. In 2021, he appeared in the show Sasural Simar Ka 2 as Vivaan Oswal on Colors TV.
Karan Sharma has appeared in various commercials for popular brands like McDonald’s, Cadbury Perk, HDFC Life, TVC by Suzuki India, Fair and Handsome, I Ball Andi Udaan Mobile, Officer’s Choice Blue, Nokia, DNA Deo, and Sofit.
In 2019, Karan Sharma appeared in the music video ‘Zaroorat’ alongside Divya Kushwaha. In 2020, he appeared in the music video ‘Mera Aitbaar Karo’ alongside Meera on YouTube.
- 2019: Perfect Achievers Award at Perfect Achievers Awards
- 2022: Best Beta of Indian Television 2022 for the television show Sasural Simar Ka 2 at the International Iconic Awards
- Film: Salt (2010)
- Actor: Hrithik Roshan
- Actress(es): Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif
- Book(s): The Winner Stands Alone by Paulo Coelho and The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Television Show(s): Kyunki… Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai (2008) on Sahara One and Beta Bhagya Se Bitiya Saubhagya Se (2016) on DD National
- Karan’s ex-wife, Tiaara Kar, participated in the singing reality show Indian Idol Season 5 on Sony TV.
- In 2018, Karan was selected to play a role in the mythological show Karn Sangini. Later, he was dropped from the show by the makers as he was not willing to share his make-up room with his co-actor. The Times of India
- During his school days, Karan aspired to be a singer, and he actively participated in dance and singing competitions in school.
- Karan’s first pay cheque was around Rs 5000, which he earned by taking computer classes for students in a coaching institute.
- Karan is a fitness enthusiast, and he often shares his workout regime on social media.
- Since childhood, Karan had a keen interest in photography. While Karan was in Bangalore to shoot for an ad film, he used to shoot portfolios of his friends.
- Karan has a self-titled YouTube channel in which he posts videos and shorts of his live chat, vlogs, and dance covers; the channel has more than 271 K subscribers.
- Karan was invited as the Guest of Honour at Lions club Rishikesh by Chidanand Saraswati and Premchand Aggarwal, a member of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly.
- In 2015, Karan promoted his show Mohi on Red FM 93.5 FM in Bhopal.
|↑1||The Times of India|
|↑2||The Times of India|
|↑3||The Times of India|