Dimple Yadav is an Indian politician. She is the wife of Samajwadi Party President and the former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Akhilesh Yadav. She is a two-time Member of Parliament from the Kannauj Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
Dimple Yadav was born on 15 January 1978 (age 41 years; as in 2019) in Almora, Uttarakhand. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She did her schooling from various places such as Pune, Bathinda, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and the Army Public School in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. She pursued B.Com from Lucknow University in 1998.
Dimple met Akhilesh when she was 17. Akhilesh was 21 at the time, and he was studying in college. They met at a common friends house. She started meeting him secretly, and after a year of dating, Akhilesh went to Sydney, Australia to pursue engineering. They were regularly in touch and used to exchange letters. After returning from Sydney, they decided to get married. Earlier their families did not agree to their marriage; as they were from different backgrounds. After a lot of persuasions, their families agreed. They got married in 1999.
Height: 5′ 5″ (approx.)
Weight: 55 kg (approx.)
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 32-26-34
Family, Husband & Caste
Dimple Yadav belongs to the Other Backward Caste (OBC). Her father, Colonel R C Rawat, is a retired Indian Army officer. Her mother, Champa Rawat, is a housewife. She is married to the former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. She is the daughter-in-law of the Samajwadi Party Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav. Dimple and Akhilesh have 3 children together. They have two daughters, Aditi Yadav and Tina Yadav, and a son, Arjun Yadav. Arjun and Tina are twins.
Dimple Yadav was never interested in politics. After her marriage, she had plans to be a housewife, and handle the family business. She contested her first election in 2009, but she lost against Congress’ Raj Babbar. She had contested from the Firozabad Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh. Akhilesh Yadav had contested the 2009 General Elections from the Lok Sabha Constituencies of Firozabad and Kannauj. Akhilesh chose the Kannauj seat and left the Firozabad seat.
In 2012, Akhilesh Yadav resigned from the Lok Sabha, to enter the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council; after being elected as the Chief Minister of UP. He vacated the Kannauj Lok Sabha Constituency, making way for Dimple to contest from there. She was elected unopposed in a by-election from Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh. This situation arose as the BJP and the Congress did not nominate any candidate and the 2 other candidates withdrew their nominations. Dimple became the 44th individual all over India, and the 4th person in Uttar Pradesh to be elected unopposed. She became the first woman to be elected unopposed from Uttar Pradesh.
She contested the 2019 General Elections from Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh. She lost to BJP’s Subhrat Pathak, with a margin of more than 12,000 votes.
In 2007, Dimple Yadav was named in a disproportionate assets case, along with the whole Yadav family. During investigations and enquiry, Dimple revealed that she used to file her taxes separately, and hence her income could not be merged with the rest of the Yadav Family. The Solicitor General of India, the CBI’s ruling body, and the Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT) upheld her defence in the case. Dimple’s name was dropped from the investigation.
Assets & Properties
- Cash: 4.03 Lacs INR
- Bank Deposits: 2.32 Crores INR
- Jewellery: Worth 59.76 Lacs INR
- Agricultural land: Worth 50.40 Lacs INR
- Commercial Building: Worth 4.08 Crores in Dilkusha Road, Lucknow
- Residential Building: Worth 4.71 Crores in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
37.78 Crores INR (as in 2019)
- Dimple Yadav loves horse riding, Reading, and Painting.
- Her favourite politician is Ram Manohar Lohia.
- She is a resident of Almora, and she belongs to an Army family. She was brought up in a disciplined environment. She has often kept the Yadav family from going into an argument by her calm and soothing nature.
- She was against entering politics and never thought about it. Once while talking with Akhilesh Yadav, he stated that someday she might have to join, even if she does not want to. Dimple replied that she will be prepared for that day.
- Her security staff is comprised of all-women security personnel. Her bodyguards and even her driver are women.
- She participates in a lot of social work. When Akhilesh approached her, to contest the election, she took it sportingly. She said that she’ll now be doing social work on a large basis and be able to serve even more people.