Dimple Yadav is an Indian politician. She is the wife of Samajwadi Party President and the former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Akhilesh Yadav. She has remained a Member of Parliament from the Kannauj Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh for two times.
Dimple Yadav was born on Sunday, 15 January 1978 (age 44 years; as of 2022) in Almora, Uttarakhand. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She did her schooling in various places such as Pune, Bathinda, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and the Army Public School in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. She pursued B.Com from Lucknow University in 1998.
Height: 5′ 5″ (approx.)
Weight: 55 kg (approx.)
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 32-26-34
Family, Husband & Caste
Dimple Yadav belongs to the Other Backward Caste (OBC). Her father, Colonel R C Rawat, is a retired Indian Army officer. Her mother, Champa Rawat, is a housewife. She is married to the former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Akhilesh Yadav. She is the daughter-in-law of the Samajwadi Party Supremo, Mulayam Singh Yadav. Dimple and Akhilesh have 3 children together. They have two daughters, Aditi Yadav and Tina Yadav, and a son, Arjun Yadav. Arjun and Tina are twins.
Dimple met Akhilesh Yadav when she was 17. Akhilesh was 21 at the time, and he was studying in college. They met at a common friends house. She started meeting him secretly, and after a year of dating, Akhilesh went to Sydney, Australia to pursue engineering. They regularly used to exchange letters. After returning from Sydney, they decided to get married. Earlier their families did not agree to their marriage; as they were from different backgrounds. After a lot of persuasions, their families agreed and they got married in 1999.
Dimple Yadav was never interested in politics. After her marriage, she had plans to be a housewife, and handle the family business. She contested her first election in 2009, but she lost against Congress’ Raj Babbar. In 2012, Akhilesh Yadav resigned from the Lok Sabha, to enter the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council; after being elected as the Chief Minister of UP. He vacated the Kannauj Lok Sabha Constituency, making way for Dimple to contest from there. She was elected unopposed in a by-election from Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh.
Dimple became the 44th individual all over India, and the 4th person in Uttar Pradesh to be elected unopposed in an election. She is also the first woman to be elected unopposed from Uttar Pradesh. She contested the 2019 General Elections from Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh. She lost to BJP’s Subhrat Pathak, with a margin of more than 12,000 votes.
In 2007, Dimple Yadav was named in a disproportionate assets case, along with the whole Yadav family. During investigations and enquiry, Dimple revealed that she used to file her taxes separately, and hence her income could not be merged with the rest of the Yadav Family. The Solicitor General of India, the CBI’s ruling body, and the Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT) upheld her defence in the case. Dimple’s name was dropped from the investigation.
Assets & Properties
- Cash: 4.03 Lacs INR
- Bank Deposits: 2.32 Crores INR
- Jewellery: Worth 59.76 Lacs INR
- Agricultural land: Worth 50.40 Lacs INR
- Commercial Building: Worth 4.08 Crores in Dilkusha Road, Lucknow
- Residential Building: Worth 4.71 Crores in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
37.78 Crores INR (as in 2019)
- Dimple Yadav loves doing painting, reading, and horse riding.
- Her favourite politician is Ram Manohar Lohia.
- She is a resident of Almora, and she belongs to a family with an Army background. She was brought up in a disciplined environment. Due to her calm and soothing nature, Dimple has often prevented the Yadav Family from getting into a feud.
- She was against entering politics and never thought about it, but once, while talking with Akhilesh Yadav, he stated that she might have to join someday, even if she does not want to, to which she replied that she will be prepared for that day.
- Her security staff is comprised of all-women security personnel. Her bodyguards and even her drivers are women.
- Dimple loves doing social work. When Akhilesh approached her, to contest the elections, she took it sportingly and stated this will result in doing social work on a large basis, and she will be able to serve and help even more people.