Vivek Bindra is an Indian motivational speaker, business coach, leadership consultant, corporate trainer, entrepreneur, and author. He is famous for his YouTube videos about business and life situations. He hit headlines in 2023 after his wife accused him of domestic abuse and his online feud with another popular Indian motivational speaker, Sandeep Maheshwari.
Vivek Bindra was born on Monday, 5 April 1982 (age 41 years; as of 2023) in Delhi, India. At the age of 2.5 years, he lost his father after which his mother married another person. Vivek started living at his uncle’s home in Delhi after his mother’s second marriage. He did his schooling at St. Xavier’s School in Delhi. He later pursued an MBA at Amity Business College, Noida. Facebook – Vivek Bindra He later started corporate consulting and became a motivational speaker.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His mother’s name is Prabha Bindra. He has a sister named Chahat Thukral.
Wife & Children
He got married to Geetika Sabharwal, a former associate professor, on 23 March 2010 and had a son named Madhav with her before divorce.
He married a Ghaziabad-based makeup artist named Yanika Bindra on 6 December 2023.
He follows Hinduism.
He belongs to the Kshatriya caste.
A-214, 2nd floor, Phase 1, Okhla Industrial Area, New Delhi, Delhi, 110020
Motivational Speaker, Corporate Trainer, & Business Coach
Vivek’s spiritual mentors introduced him to Shrimad Bhagwat Geeta when he was pursuing his MBA. Vivek went to Vrindavana after completing his MBA where he started living as a monk. He wore a dhoti kurta and used to eat boiled food. After living as a monk for four years, he was asked by his mentor to spread the lessons of Geeta to the public to which he obliged and became a motivational speaker.
He later became a business and life coach as well and started many programs such as Bounce Back and Leadership Funnel.
Initially, Vivek used to post videos in English in 2013; however, he later began doing videos in Hindi and started reaching the majority of Indians. Bindra’s training fee was Rs 1.25 lakh during his initial days which he later reduced to Rs 19,000 for small business owners and Rs 9,000 for students. In 2012, he founded his own company the Global ACT (Academy of Consulting and Training) which he renamed to the Bada Business Pvt. Limited in April 2019.
He is very active on social media. As of 2023, he has 2 crore followers on YouTube with a viewership of more than 180 crores from different countries of the world. YouTube – Dr. Vivek Bindra: Motivational Speaker He has 1 crore followers on Facebook Facebook – Dr. Vivek Bindra and more than 30 lakh followers on Instagram. Instagram – Dr Vivek Bindra
He is also called the most subscribed and most viewed business coach and motivational speaker on YouTube by his fans. In 2023, he became popular for offering a 10-day free MBA program in which he gave all the necessary education about opening a business and becoming an entrepreneur.
Vivek Bindra has authored many books related to motivation, time management, and other skills related to business and career. A few of his books include ‘Effective Planning and Time Management,’ ‘Everything About Corporate Etiquette,’ and ‘Tactical Money.’
Criticizing Indian Medical Association (IMA)
In 2017, Vivek Bindra uploaded a video in which he talked about the importance of affordable healthcare in India. Indian Medical Association (IMA) later sent a legal notice of Rs 50 crores to Vivek Bindra and asked him to remove the video. In April 2018, he won the legal case due to the freedom of expression. Lawlex
Hurting Sikh Community
Vivek Bindra posted a video about the 10th Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh, in 2022 in which he showed a cartoon of Guru Gobind Singh which was not liked by many Sikhs who also alleged that Bindra misquoted many facts about Sikh history. Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) later sent a legal notice to Bindra in which they asked him to apologize and remove the video from his YouTube channel, and a police case was also filed against Bindra under IPC sections 295-A and 67-D. Hindustan Times Bindra apologised to the Sikh community in August 2022 and claimed that he did not want to hurt Sikhs and would cover the glorious history of Sikhs. PTC News
Defaming Quality of Morbi Tiles
In a Facebook post in February 2023, Vivek Bindra compared the Italian tiles and Morbi tiles and called Morbi tiles’ quality poor. Mukeshbhai Kundaria, the chairman of Morbi Ceramic Association, later invited Bindra to his tile manufacturing unit and check the quality. Bindra deleted his Facebook post as other businessmen started sending legal notices to him. The Week
Making video of Court Hearing
Vivek Bindra was present in a Faridabad court in 2023 during the matrimonial dispute with his first wife, Geetika Sabharwal. Later, many followers of Bindra alleged that he was arrested while trying to record the court proceedings which later turned out to be false as a Faridabad police official named Sube Singh released a statement saying that Bindra was neither taken into custody nor arrested. The police only check Bindra’s phone before returning it to him. Aaj Tak
Sandeep Maheshwari Fight
Popular Indian motivational speaker Sandeep Maheshwari posted a YouTube video titled ‘Big Scam Exposed’ on 11 December 2023 in which he showed three boys who alleged that they were not learning any skill from a business course worth Rs 50,000, and the course company told them to earn the money back by selling the course and earning a commission when they asked for a refund. Although the names of Vivek Bindra and his companies were not taken in the video, many people speculated that the person referred to in the video was Vivek Bindra. Bindra later wrote in a community post that he wanted to talk to Maheshwari about the scam allegations and wrote that Maheshwari was deleting the positive comments about Bindra on his video.
Maheshwari also wrote a community post in reply in which he wrote that he was not afraid of Bindra and any legal action. Bindra posted a YouTube video titled ‘Biggest Controversy | Biggest Program | Biggest Attack – Dr Vivek Bindra’ on 18 December 2023 with the #Janeman in which he alleged Maheshwari of trying to destroy his image and declared that he would do something big in next seven days. YouTube – Dr. Vivek Bindra: Motivational Speaker
Maheshwari posted a YouTube video titled ‘Stop Vivek Bindra’ on 21 December 2023 with the #StopVivekBindra in which he said that Bindra scammed people of Rs 500 crore. Maheshwari later claimed that he would hire the biggest law firm in India to fight the case against Bindra. YouTube – Sandeep Maheshwari
Beating up his wife
On 6 December 2023, Vivek Bindra got married to Yanika Bindra, a makeup artist based in Ghaziabad, and the couple started to live in the Supernova West Residency in Noida’s Sector 94. Allegedly, on 7 December 2023, Vivek verbally and physically assaulted Yanika when she intervened in an altercation between Vivek and his mother, Prabha. He locked her inside a room and also tore her hair out. She was later admitted to the Kailash Deepak Hospital in Delhi. Yanika suffered injuries in several body parts, particularly in her ears as she complained that she could not hear anything.
Later, a video was circulated on social media in which Vivek was seen beating Yanika. The Times of India On 14 December 2023, Yanika’s brother, Vaibhav Kwatra, lodged an FIR against Vivek in the sector-126 Police station in Noida under the Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 323 (causing hurt), 504 (insult to provoke breach of peace), 325 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt), and 427 (mischief). Moneycontrol
Assistant Commissioner of Police (Noida), Rajneesh Verma, assured that proper action will be taken once they complete their investigation of the domestic violence claims made by Yanika and her brother.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Awarded The Best Motivational and Keynote Speaker in India by the International Association of Lions Club
- Rotary Excellence Award
- Best Corporate Trainer by Maruti Suzuki for two consecutive years in June 2014 and May 2015
- Most Inspirational Keynote Speaker by Indian Institute of Technology, IIT – Roorkee
- Leadership Award by DLF Industries Association
- Honoured by Motilal Gupta – Founder & Chairman of Saidham for conducting a seminar on ‘Development of Adolescents’
- Expression of Gratitude by Northern India Regional Council of ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India)
- Expression of Gratitude by Rotary International District
- Best Socially Responsible Motivational Speaker Award by Faridabad Industries Association
- Best Keynote Speaker by Agra Business Forum
- Excellence Award by Rotary Club of Delhi Mid-town for his presentation on ‘Secrets of Success’
- Appreciation Award by Rotary Club of New Delhi & MCD in June 2016
- India’s Greatest Brand & Leader Award (2015-16) by Process Reviewer PWC in December 2016
- Think Tank of Corporate Asia by World Leadership Federation, Dubai in February 2017
- Best Leadership Trainer in Asia Award by Marshall Goldsmith at the World HRD Congress in February 2017
- Best CEO Coach in India by Times of India & Speaking Tree in February 2017
- Honorary PhD degree, Doctorate of Philosophy from OIUM University of Colombo in 2017
- Game Changer of the Year by Economic Times in January 2019
- Educational Entrepreneur of the Year by Asia Leadership Federation in January 2019
- Best Motivational Speaker by International Glory Awards (2019) in January 2019
- 40 Under 40 Award by Exchange4media.com & BW Businessworld in November 2020
- ’21 Technopreneurs to Watch out for in 2021’, by Digital First Magazine
- The Delhi City Icon Award for excellence in the category of Business Leadership Program (2022-2023)
Vivek Bindra holds several Guinness World Records and the Golden Book of World Records.
Guinness World Records
• 1st: World’s largest online business lesson on 24 April 2020
• 2nd: World’s largest online sales session on 31 May 2020
• 3rd: World’s largest strategic management webinar on YouTube on 27 June 2020
• 4th: World’s largest start-up business management webinar on YouTube on 15 August 2020
• 5th: World’s largest online lesson on retail management on 27 September 2020
• 6th: World’s largest webinar on ‘Business Yoga with Bhagavad Gita’ on 20 June 2021
• 7th: World’s largest online event on 40 Low-cost Marketing Ideas on 15 August 2021
• 8th: World’s largest online event on Peak Productivity- Time Management Strategies on 2 October 2021
• 9th: World’s largest online event on Passive Income with Personal Branding on 11 September 2022
Golden Book of World Records
• 1st: Largest Online Motivational Session On Post Corona on Business Strategies on 26 April 2022
• 2nd: Most Live Viewers in a YouTube live webinar on Art Of Parenting on 10 July 2022
• 3rd: Largest Session on Entrepreneurship on 24 September 2023
His monthly salary is around Rs 15 lakh.
- Bindra grew up in a financially challenging environment and had to give tuition to earn money. He also sold dictionaries while studying in college to fund his education.
- He was unable to pay salaries to his employees once and had to sell his house to pay them off.
- He likes to do physical activities such as playing football and basketball and doing yoga to maintain his fitness.