Vijaya Chamundeswari is an Indian fitness expert and daughter of the veteran South Indian actors Gemini Ganesan and Savitri. She is the sister of the famous Bollywood actress Rekha.
Wiki/Biography & Career
Vijaya Chamundeswari was born on 2 December 1959 (age 60 years; as in 2019) in Madras (then Chennai). Her zodiac sign is Saggitarius.
She went to Andhra Mahila Sabha, Kodaikanal’s Presentation Convent School, and Vidhyodaya High School in Chennai. She went to Ethiraj College of Women to pursue her graduation in English Literature. She is a fitness expert at GG Hospitals.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Her father, Gemini Ganesan was a famous Tamil actor. Her mother, Savitri was a famous Tamil and Telugu actress. Her father was a Tamil Brahmin from his father’s side and Isai Vellalar from his mother’s side. While her mother belonged to a Telugu speaking Kapu Family.
She has a younger brother named Satish Ganesan.
Her father married four times, which was the reason for her to have many half-siblings. From her father’s marriage to Alamelu, she has four half-sisters named Dr. Revathi Swaminathan (eldest; a radiation oncologist), Dr. Kamala Selvaraj (second eldest; owner of GG Hospitals), Narayani Ganesan (third eldest; journalist with TOI), Dr. Jaya Shreedhar (fourth eldest; heath advisor with Inter News Network). From her father’s marriage to Pushpavalli (actress), she had two half daughters named Rekha (actress) and Radha ( former actress; lives in the USA).
Her father married for the fourth time to Juliana Andrews and have no children with her.
Vijaya is married to Govind Rao Vaddi.
The couple has two sons Arun Kumar Vaddi (does theatre and dog breeding) and Abhinay Vaddi (actor).
Vijaya also has a grandson named Ritwik and a grandaughter named Swastika.
- Author: Amish Tripathi
- Books: Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi
- Director: B.V. Nandini Reddy
- Travel Destination: Dubai
- Flower: Roses
- She likes travelling, gardening, and farming.
- Her friends and close relatives call her Viji with love.
- Vijaya’s mother named her after a production house called ‘Vijaya Chaundeshwari,’ which had given her mother many memorable roles.
- Her mother was known as the ‘Meenakumari’ of South Indian Film Industry.
- She was just 16 when she got married and a couple of years prior to her marriage, there were certain differences between her parents, and they separated.
- Due to trouble in her personal life, her mother Savitri took up to alcoholism, which affected her greatly. One day, she slipped to coma for 19 months and eventually, died at the age of 46 on 26 December 1981.
- In an Interview, Vijaya revealed that she never watched any of her mother’s film due to the reason that her mother wept in most of them and it made her uneasy. However, after her mother’s death, she started to watch her films.
- In May 2018, “Mahanati” was released, which is her mother’s biopic. Keerthy Suresh played the role of Savitri in the film.
- Following the release of the film, her sister Dr Kamala Selvaraj claimed that the film was fictionalised and was not honestly presented and her father was wrongly presented in the film. She also alleged that the film was made wholly on the basis of her daughter’s statement and filmmakers should have taken her father’s friends and acquaintances in the industry into account before portraying her role. In response to her comments, Vijaya told that she respected her views because they belonged to the same family.
- She likes animals very much and once owned a snake, who died in 2015.