Aneel Murarka is an Indian businessman, philanthropist, and writer. He is the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Mirachem Industries who is known for his sustainable business practices. He actively remains involved in philanthropical works and is a part of leading NGOs including ALERT India, NASEOH, National Association for the Blind, and more.
Aneel Murarka was born on Sunday, 7 May 1967 (age 55 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. Aneel had a modest upbringing from his parents and did his early education in Mumbai. Later, he went to Mithibai College and Chinai College for his degree in commerce.
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Aneel belongs to a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
He is the son of Kashiprasad and Meena Murarka. His father was a businessman whereas his grandfather was an army man who fought during the Indian Independence Movement.
Wife & Children
Aneel Murarka married Sangeeta Murarka and the couple has a son named Sidhaant Murarka. They live in a joint family in Goregaon, Mumbai.
He joined MiraChem Industries, his father’s business after completing his education. Initially, he worked in the production process and product dispatch department. After this, he was trained by his father to handle the operations of the business. Murarka soon took over the leadership of the business and expanded the company from a medium enterprise to a corporate. He further extended its services and successfully entered the export market. Aneel Murarka His company encouraged sustainable practices by offering eco-friendly chemicals for the textile industry and doing good to the environment.
Murarka is known for his service to humanity. He has introduced a series of social and humanitarian initiatives on a PAN India level. In 2015, he along with his son founded Ample Mission which is an organization specializing in organizing awards programs and Intellectual Property-based events. This organization focuses on facilitating events on social causes with performances from famous personalities and film stars. Ample Mission Apart from this, Murarka remains actively engaged in various charitable activities that support healthcare, education, impacting lives, and helping the people who are struggling with poverty. He is the Ambassador of Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan which is an initiative to keep India clean. Apart from this, he actively supports various NGOs such as Narayani Dham (SAMRPAN), Rajasthani Mandal, Indian Development Foundation, and NASEOH. He has taken several initiatives for gender equality by providing opportunities to the transgender community and bringing their talent forward. The first event of his gender inclusion initiative was the Times Fashion Week 2019 in which the showstopper model was from the transgender community. Fortune India
For his philanthropic works, The Hindustan Times called him the new face of modern philanthropy in India. The Economic Times He talked about poverty eradication in an interview and said,
We already have the resources to eradicate poverty if we want to. It wouldn’t require a revolution. It would only require an adjustment of our priorities in favour of a larger good of the society and nation.’ Fortune India
Aneel began his writing journey with his book, Uncommon Dreams of A Common Man which was published on 7 October 2020.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- In 2015, he was awarded Bharat Ratna Dr. Ambedkar Award for his service as a businessman and social activist in the country.
- He was honoured with Make In India Award by the Bharat Nirman Foundation.
- He was honoured by the former President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam at an event held at the Guru Nanak College in Mumbai.
- In 2017, he was honoured with Ahimsa Award for his social service by Shri M Venkaiah Naidu, the Vice President of India, and Acharya Dr. Lokeshjee Muni at the Ahimsa Diwas Samaroh.
- In 2017, he also received Society Leadership Award which was given to him by Industrialist Gautam Singhania.
- In 2018, he received the Society Achievers Award by famous Industrialist Kumaramanglam Birla for his social works. Aneel Murarka
- In 2019, he received Bharat Gaurav Awards at the British Parliament (London).
- In 2020, he received ET Business Icon (west) Awards by Malika Arora and Times Inspiring Entrepreneur Award.
He has received various other awards for his business and philanthropical contribution to the country.
On the eve of #MaharashtraDay, Aneel was bestowed with this prestige #MaharashtraGaurav Award from @mataonline. Hon Shri Subhash Desai ji, Minister of Industries, Govt of Maharashtra & popular Marathi Actor Siddharth Jadhav Ji presented it.
जय हिंद !!! जय महाराष्ट्र !🙏 🚩 pic.twitter.com/YKI0uRNFIl
— Aneel Murarka (@AneelMurarka) May 1, 2022
Aneel Murarka has an estimated net worth of around $4 Million. (approx.)
- To promote awareness against tobacco consumption, he produced an 11-minute anti-smoking film.
- Aneel’s full name is Aneel Kashi Muraraka.
|↑1, ↑6||Aneel Murarka|
|↑3, ↑5||Fortune India|
|↑4||The Economic Times|