Bejan Daruwalla was a famous Indian astrologer. He was well-versed in various astrological techniques, including Vedic Astrology, Western Astrology, I-Ching, Tarot reading, the Kabalah, and Palmistry.
He was born on Saturday, 11 July 1931 (age 89 years; at the time of death), in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He did his schooling from St. Xavier’s High School Mirzapur, Ahmedabad. Later, he did his graduation from S. N. D. Arts College, Ahmedabad and completed his further studies from Gujarat University, Ahmedabad. Facebook He holds a PhD degree in English. ABP Live
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: White (Semi-Bald)
Family & Caste
He was born in a Parsi (Zoroastrian) family. Business Today
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents.
Relationships, Wife & Children
He was married to Late Gooli Daruwalla, a tarot card reader. The couple had two sons; Nastur (who is an astrologer too) and Fardun, and one daughter, Nazreen. Bejan had adopted a son, Chirag Ladsaria. Bejan Daruwalla
Initially, he worked as an English professor in Ahmedabad. In 1966, he started working as an astrologer. He was associated with a number of newspapers, magazines, television channels, and publishing houses across the globe. Some of his popular predictions are,
- The victory of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Morarji Desai, and Narendra Modi; as the Prime Minister of India
- Accident of Sanjay Gandhi on 23 June 1980
- Indira Gandhi‘s assassination on 31 October 1984
- The Gujarat Earthquake on 26 January 2001
In April 2020, he predicted that the Corona pandemic would end from the world between June 2020 and September 2020.
He had many celebrity clients, and one of his clients was, Prince Lakshyaraj Singh Mewar of City Palace Udaipur.
- Actress: Karishma Kapoor
- Singer(s): Bhimsen Joshi and Pandit Jasraj
On Friday, 29 May 2020, he took his last breath at Apollo Hospital in Ahmedabad. He was on a ventilator for a week before his death. He had pneumonia-like symptoms. As per some media sources, he was detected positive for the COVID-19 test. Whereas, his son, Nastur denied such news and said he died of pneumonia and the lack of oxygen supply to the brain. resulted in his death. EMEA Tribune
On 29 May 2020, the Gujarat CM, Vijay Rupani took to Twitter and wrote,
Saddened by the demise of renowned Astrologer Shri Bejan Daruwalla. I pray for the departed soul. My condolences. Om Shanti…”
- His full name is Bejan Jehangir Daruwalla.
- He was listed as one of the 100 great astrologers in the last 1,000 years in The Millennium Book of Prophecy, published by Harper Collins, USA.
- He was an ardent follower of the Lord Ganesha.
- In 2000, he was honoured with “The Astrologer of the Millennium” by Bharat Nirman.
- He was honoured with the “Best Astrologer Award’ (2009), by the Russian Society of Astrologers of St. Petersburg.
- In 2015, after reading Narendra Modi’s hand, Bejan said,
The leader possessed great strength and personality, and will become the Prime Minister in future.”
- In 2017, he was honoured with the “Babasaheb Ambedkar Noble Award.”
- Due to diabetes, he used to avoid eating sweets.
- He was a cheerful personality and loved to wear colourful clothes.
- He loved listening to music and watching cartoons.
- His motto in life was
To leave the world a better place to stay in for all.”
- He had published many books on astrology and predictions.
- As per one of his interviews, one of his heart-warming experiences was when the spiritual leader, 14th Dalai Lama asked him to put his hand on Dalai Lama’s head at the India International Centre, Delhi.
References [ + ]