Shikha Srivastava is an Indian native known for being the wife of the famous Indian comedian Raju Srivastava, who died of cardiac arrest on 21 September 2022. The Hindu
Shikha Srivastava was born on Friday, 17 May 1968 (age 54 years; as of 2022) in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She attended the University of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
The name of Shikha’s parents is not known.
She has two brothers, Ashish Kumar Srivastava, and Peeyush Srivastava.
She has one sister Ruchi Asthana.
Husband & Children
Shikha got married to comedian Raju Srivastava on 17 May 1993.
She has two children, a son, Aayushmaan Srivastava (singer), and a daughter, Antara Srivastava (actor).
In 2022, Shikha went through a tough phase in her life when her husband was admitted to AIIMS hospital for an angioplasty after suffering from a heart attack. On 21 September 2022, she lost her husband who had been undergoing treatment for 41 days at AIIMS in New Delhi. The Hindu
Shikha participated in the show Nach Baliye season 6 in 2013.
- Shikha is called by the name ‘Moni’ by her friends and family members.
- After the news of her husband’s health came out, she talked about him in an interview, and said,
He was doing his routine exercise and while he was on the treadmill, he suddenly fell down. He suffered a heart attack and was immediately taken to the AIIMS hospital.”
- When Shikha confirmed that Raju was admitted to the hospital and was kept on a ventilator, many famous personalities like Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath, and Prime Minister Narendra Modi came forward to help him and his family. They called Shikha to consolidate her.
- In an interview, Raju talked about the time when he and Shikha participated in the dance show Nach Baliye 6 in 2013. In the interview, he said,
She didn’t have any problem. She said when she married me she didn’t know how the life will change after, she takes the things as it comes to her. She is practicing hard with choreographer and seriously the best part about the show is you get to spend time with your spouse which otherwise becomes difficult. That was an additional reason to do the show.”
- Shikha and Raju got married in 1993, but Raju had to wait for twelve years to get married to her. He fell in love with Shikha in 1982, when he attended his brother’s wedding in Fatehpur. He did not tell his feelings to Shikha and went to Mumbai to become a comedian. He worked hard there, became a famous comedian, and earned a lot of money to impress Shikha’s family. While he was in Mumbai, he used to write letters to Shikha to confirm that she did not get married to someone else. Later, he sent the marriage offer to her family and they went to see his house in Mumbai after which they were impressed by him and they got married.
- In 2016, she contributed to the #MyCleanIndia movement and cleaned their society.
- She is an avid animal lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.