Sheheryar Munawar Siddiqui, popularly known as Sheheryar Munawar, is a Pakistani actor, model, film producer, and director. He is popular for playing the role of Sheheryar in the 2019 comedy romantic film ‘Parey Hut Love’ directed by Asim Raza. For his acting in ‘Parey Hut Love,’ he won Pakistan International Screen Award in 2020 for Best Actor in a Leading Role.
Sheheryar Munawar was born on Tuesday, 9 August 1988 (age 33 years; as of 2022) in Karachi, Pakistan. His zodiac sign is Leo. He completed his A-level studies at Southshore School in Karachi. He pursued a bachelor’s degree in Finance at the Institute of Business Administration in Karachi, Pakistan. He used to do theatre in college, which made him more interested in acting.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Light brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40 inches, Waist: 34 inches, Biceps: 15 inches
Sheheryar Munawar belongs to a Muslim family in Karachi, Pakistan.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Munawar Alam Siddiqui, was an air commodore in the Pakistan Air Force. After retiring from Air Force, he started his own business. His mother, Safiyah Munawar, is a homemaker. He has three siblings, one sister and two brothers. His sister, Nadia, holds a bachelor’s degree in business. Asfandyar, his elder brother, was an investment banker who passed away on 23 December 2012 in a car accident. In 2011, Manoucheher, his younger brother, got injured when a shooting took place in a cafe.
In 2019, Sheheryar got engaged to Hala Soomro, a doctor, The Express Tribune but due to some reasons, the engagement break off and they separated. In a statement regarding his engagement, Sheheryar shared some updates and said,
I will not comment on a decision taken by my family. This is a private matter that involves two families, and I would like to take this opportunity to request everyone to give our families, myself and my ex-fiance our due share of privacy and time to deal with this new development in our lives. I would like to thank my fans for all their love and understanding and members of the media for their continued support and request everyone to respect my need for privacy at this time. I will not be commenting any further on this matter.” The News
Sheheryar started his acting career in 2012 by playing the role of a deaf and dumb guy, Arooj, in the TV serial ‘Meray Dard Ko Jo Zuban Miley’ for which he received appreciation from critics. In the 2013 romantic drama ‘Tanhaiyan Naye Silsilay,’ he played the character of Zarak, which was directed by Marina Khan. In the same year, he worked in two more serials titled ‘Kahi Unkahi’ and ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai.’ In 2014, he was cast in a lead role alongside Sajal Ali in the romantic drama ‘Aasmanon Pay Likha.’ In 2021, Maya Ali and Sheheryar were cast in lead roles in the romantic drama series ‘Pehli Si Muhabbat’ directed by Anjum Shahzad. Another series that was released in 2021 was ‘Sinf-e-Aahan’ in which he played the character of SSG Commando Major Usama.
He made his debut with the film was ‘Ho Mann Jahaan’ which was released in 2016. He worked in the 2017 action comedy film ‘Kambhakht.’ Sheheryar played the role of Tipu opposite female lead actress Mahira Khan in the film ‘7 Din Mohabbat In.’ In 2019, a Sci-Fi action film titled ‘Project Ghazi’ was released in which Sheheryar was cast to play the role of Major Zain. In 2019, his film ‘Parey Hut Love’ was the highest-grossing film of the year at the box office in Pakistan. In the 2021 film ‘Khel Khel Mein,’ directed by Nabeel Qureshi, he acted as a supporting character named Wajih Karamullah.
Sheheyar worked in a crime fiction web series titled ‘Qatil Haseenaon Ke Naam’ in 2021 in which he played the role of a supporting character named Bilal.
In 2016, he debuted as a producer with the film ‘Ho Mann Jahaan.’ The second film that he produced was ‘Parey Hut Love’ in 2019. In 2021, he made his directorial debut with the short film named ‘Prince Charming.’ He has also directed some commercials.
Awards & Nominations
- In 2013, he won Hum Award for Best New Sensation Male for ‘Meray Dard Ko Jo Zuban Miley.’
- In 2017, he won the Lux Style Award for Best Supporting Actor for ‘Ho Mann Jahaan.’
- In 2018, he won Masala Award for Most Versatile Actor for the film ‘7 Din Mohabbat In.’
- In 2020, he won Pakistan International Screen Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for the film ‘Parey Hut Love.’
- In 2021, he won the Filmfare Middle East Award for Best Debutante Filmmaker for the short film ‘Prince Charming.’
- In 2021, he won International Pakistan Prestige Award for Best On-Screen Film Couple – Maya Ali & Sheheryar Munawar for ‘Parey Hut Love.’
- Food: French Fries
- Actor: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- He also goes by the name Sherry.
- According to Sheheryar, if he has to wear only one item of clothing every day, he would wear a white denim shirt.
- He has four tattoos on his body.
- In an interview, he revealed that while taking bath he likes to read a book.
- Sheheryar has also worked as a TV host of a game show called ‘Khel Kay Jeet.’
- In the 2013 Pakistani TV serial ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai,’ Sheheryar shared the screen with famous Pakistani actor Fawad Khan. In an interview, he shared his experience of working with Fawad Khan and said,
Fawad was just out of Humsafar, and he may have felt the director-producer’s nephew is here. He gave me quite a tough time. It was a different kind, not the bullying we see on television. But yes he was tough on me, and now that I think of it, the entire period.. the fear of being there on set, it was quite a difficult time for me. I would struggle a lot with the actors around me. Rightfully so, it was also unfair to them that a new person was working with them. That whole experience wasn’t great to me. I wish there was someone who could explain to me the scene and the dialogues. I would be handed the script two minutes before we rolled, and it would just add to the troubles. That whole experience was really tough for me.” The Indian Express
- In October 2021, Sheheryar’s picture with actress Deepika Padukone went viral. They met over dinner in Dubai. In an interview, when he was asked what they talked about, and how he tried to handle the whole situation, he said,
Nothing actually, it was a casual interaction, it was a human interaction. We were together at a dinner for 2-3 hours and I had only talked to her on a human level. I did not want it to leak in the form of a picture. However, it go leaked and I had to take an action. You must have only seen it for only 20 minutes. I got it removed as soon as I could. Obviously, I could not reach all the media outlets but thank you to all the journalists and my PR team for helping me get it removed,” shared Sheheryar. Us tasweer se mai bhi maslay mein padh sakta hoon & woh bhi maslay mein padh sakti hain. Chaar batain hoti, and I didn’t want that because meri ek human-level peh, ek aur human interaction hoi. Us waqt na mai adakar tha aur na woh adakar theen.” The News
- Sheheryar is an admirer of Indian actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui‘s acting skills. He has watched all of his movies. When he met him at Filmfare Middle East Awards in Dubai, they talked to each other for 10-15 minutes. Sheheryar tried to imitate one of his famous dialogues for fun. When actress Mahira Khan asked him to touch Nawazuddin’s feet, and Sheheryar bowed down to do so, Nawazuddin stopped him. In an interview, Sheheryar talked about this and said,
Media publication shared that Sheheryar Munawar touches the feet of Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Lagaatay waqt sab ko pata hai k yeh fasaad create karega. This is very bad journalism because hum sirf yeh soch rahein hain k humare chaar views extra ajain gae to humein kal koi aur dekh lega.” Fuchsia Magazine
- According to some media reports, actress Priyanka Chopra‘s mother Madhu Chopra became a fan of Sheheryar after watching his show ‘Kahi Unkahi.’ He was stunned when Priyanka called him by his name. In an interview, while talking about this incident, he said,
I instantly died when I realised she knew my name,” laughed Sheheryar. “She then said, ‘My mother is a fan of you’. And I was like ‘huh’? She said yeah, she’s in the vanity, would you join me there for a bit? She wants a picture with you. I was so shocked when it was happening but Priyanka was so sweet about it. She said Sheheryar obviously I know you, my mother is a fan, come with me to the vanity.” The Current
- In an interview, he talked about the most daring thing he had done in life and said,
The most daring thing that I’ve done is telling my mother that once I tried on your call, and you yourself ended it but this time, I’ll choose the girl I want to get married to.” PARHLO
- In 2020, Sheheryar met with an accident when he was going from Gilgit to Hunza on his motorbike. Because of the accident, he had to go through shoulder surgery and could not be active on social media. Later, sharing this incident with his fans on social media, he said,
So about two months back, I had taken a trip up North, and while riding my motorbike from Gilgit to Hunza I got into an accident. Kids take note; 1. Motorcycles are cool but very dangerous and 2. Always wear full protective gear. Alhamdulillah, I am now out of my sling and fully mobile and up to no good again.” PARHLO