Sanam Saeed is a British Pakistani model, actress, and singer, who mainly works in the Urdu entertainment industry. She is best known for playing the role of Kashaf Murtaza in the Pakistani TV show Zindagi Gulzar Hai (2012-2013) which aired on Hum TV.
She studied at Bay View High School, Karachi. She studied at L’Ecole College, Karachi. She graduated in film and theatre studies at Lahore.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 58kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-35
Sanam’s family moved back from England to Karachi when she was six years old.
Parents & Siblings
Her father is a retired interior designer and her mother was an arts teacher. Her father is a Punjabi and her mother was a Memom. Her mother’s name is Parween Mody Saeed. Her parents got married on 13 January 1984. Her family shifted to Karachi in the year 1990.
She has one brother and one sister. Her brother’s name is Adnan Saeed and her sister’s name is Amira Saeed.
Husband & Children
She was married to her childhood friend, Farhan Hassan, on 2 January 2015. Farhan is a banker in Karachi. Later on, in 2018, the couple announced their separation.
In 2021, she married Mohib Mirza, a Pakistani actor and director.
She entered the entertainment industry by starting modelling at the age of 16.
She made her acting debut as a theatre artist in the year 2007 when she acted in the play Chicago. Her other theatre plays include Mama Mia (2009), Carnage (2009), Grease (2013), and many more.
Just at the age of 17, Sanam became VJ for Indus Music (now MTV Pakistan) channel.
She made a television debut with the show Daam (2010) which aired on ARY Digital. She played the role of Fiza in the show.
Her other TV shows include Mera Naseeb (2011), Mata-e-Jaan Hai Tu (2012), Talkhiyan (2012-2013) Zindagi Gulzar Hai (2012-2013), Kadoorat (2013), Ek Kasak Reh Gayi (2013), Shukk (2013), Firaaz (2014), Dil Banjaara (2016-2017), Deedan (2018-2019), and many more. She rose to fame by playing the role of Kashaf Murtaza in the TV show Zindagi Gulzar Hai (2012-2013).
She made her debut in the film industry with the film Bachaana (2016) in which she played the role of Aalia.
Her other most famous films include Mah-e-Meer (2016), Dobara Phir Se (2016), Rahm (2016), Azad (2017), Cake (2018), Ishrat Made In China (2022), and many more.
In 2021, she made her web series debut by playing the role of Zuvi in the web series “Qatil Haseenaon Ke Naam” which aired on ZEE5 Originals.
During the third season of Coke Studio Pakistan, she appeared as a backing vocalist and sang the background vocals Alif Allah (Jugni)” by Arif Lohar and Meesha Shafi, “Aisha” by Amanat Ali and “Chori Chori” by Meesha Shafi.
Sanam has worked for “Made For Stage Productions” in various stage plays like Chicago, Mamma Mia!, Carnage, and many more.
Awards and Recognitions
- Model Of The Year, Loreal Paris Award (2012)
- Best Female In Supporting Role, Dil Mera Dharkan Teri, Tarang House Full Awards (2013)
- Best Actor Female (Popular), Zindagi Gulzar Hai (2013)
- Best On-Screen Couple (Popular), Zindagi Gulzar Hai (2013)
- Best On-Screen Couple (Jury), Zindagi Gulzar Hai (2013)
- Best Television Actress, Lux Style Awards, TV show: Zindagi Gulzar Hai
- Best Supporting Actress, 16th Lux Style Awards, Film: Dobara Phir Se
- Most Stylish Actress, Film: Cake (2017)
- Best Film Actress Award, Rahm, Eastern Eye Awards (2016-2017)
- Pride Of Pakistan, Daily Times (2019)
- Fruit(s): Mango, Orange
- Beverage: Coffee
- According to the Daily Times in 2019, Sanam was declared as “Pride 0f Pakistan.”
- The pair of Fawad Khan and Sanam Saeed in the TV show Zindagi Gulzar Hai proved as one of the best pairings of all time.
- According to Sanam, one of her favourite roles she played was of Zoya in the TV show Talkhiyan (2012-2013) in which she had to portray the role of a Syrian Christian single mother.
- In an interview in 2018, Sanam revealed the reason for her divorce from Farhan Hassan. She said that she doesn’t have an emotional connection with anyone. When she was 18 or 19, she had her heart broken and that incident made her an indifferent person. She said that she was not able to manage both her married life and the deteriorating health of her mother. She realised that it was unfair for her husband to get divided attention and she believed that he deserved someone better. So, she decided to part ways with him. The Tribue
- Sanam is an animal lover and is often seen posting pictures with animals on her various social media accounts.
- She is a fitness freak and is often spotted doing yoga to maintain her fitness.
- In her leisure time, she loves to read books.