Ali Abbas is a Pakistani actor. He is known for his work in the Pakistani television drama series.
Ali Abbas was born on Saturday, 11 February 1984 (age 39 years; as of 2023) in Lahore, Pakistan. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. He pursued a bachelor’s in Business Administration. Later, he pursued an LLB. He studied film and TV at the National College of Arts (also known as NCA) in Lahore, Pakistan. He also prepared for the Central Superior Service (CSS) exam there.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father, Waseem Abbas, is a popular actor, director, and screenwriter.
His stepmother, Saba Hameed, is a popular actress.
He has three siblings. He has a stepsister named Meesha Shafi, who is a Pakistan-born Canadian singer and actress and a stepbrother named Faris Shafi, who is a Pakistani singer and actor.
Wife & Children
He got married to Hamna Ahmed on 1 July 2012. Together, they have a daughter named Raeesa and a son named Salaar.
His paternal grandfather, Inayat Hussain Bhatti, was an actor, playback singer, filmmaker, and religious scholar.
His paternal granduncle, Kaifee, was a popular actor and director. His maternal grandfather, Hameed Akhtar was a newspaper columnist, writer, journalist, and secretary-general of the literary moment Progressive Writers Association in Pakistan. Popular actors Aagha Ali, Ali Sikander, and Ramsha Khan are his cousins.
Ali Abbas made his debut in the Pakistani television industry as a producer for the channel Style 360. The News International Later, he became a program manager. He made his debut as an actor in 2013. In 2014, he appeared in the television drama series ‘Ladoon Mein Palli,’ which aired on Geo Entertainment. He played the role of Irfaan in the series and received immense appreciation from the audience for his performance. The series was directed by his father Waseem Abbas.
He gained huge popularity for playing the role of Zarbab Khan in the TV series ‘Tum Kon Piya’ (2016), aired on Urdu 1.
In 2017, he appeared in the TV series ‘Ghar Titli Ka Par’ in which he played the role of Kamran. The show was broadcast on Geo Entertainment. He played the lead role of Faham in the TV show ‘Kahin Deep Jaley’ (2019), on Geo Entertainment.
In 2020, he appeared opposite his cousin Ramsha Khan in the TV show ‘Ghisi Piti Mohabbat’ in which he played the role of Basharat. The show was broadcast on ARY Digital.
He played the role of Muthair in the television drama series ‘Agar’ (2022), starring Hina Altaf. The series was aired on Hum TV. He has acted in various television drama series including ‘Susraal Mera’ (2014) on Hum TV, ‘Dil Ishq’ (2015) on Geo Entertainment, ‘Khaali Haath’ (2017) on Geo Entertainment, ‘Naqab Zan’ (2018) on Hum TV, ‘Mere Apne’ (2021) on ARY Digital, and ‘Guddu’ (2022) on Geo Entertainment.
In January 2023, he appeared in the music video for the Punjabi song ‘Tu Befawa,’ sung by Wally Sandu.
- In 2019, he was nominated for an award at the 5th Pakistan Media Awards for his performance in the TV show ‘Ghar Titli Ka Par.’
- In 2022, he received the Best Performance Soap Award at the 8th Hum Awards for his performance in the TV series ‘Wafa Be Mol.’
- Ali Abbas worked in a law office for almost a year before commencing his career in the television industry.
- In an interview, he revealed that his father didn’t want him to become an actor, rather, he wanted Ali Abbas to pass his Central Superior Service (CSS) exam. In that same interview, he revealed that he didn’t receive any help from his parents when he was trying to make a name for himself in the Pakistani entertainment world. While talking about it in the interview, he said,
For me, it was a curse since my father had categorically told me not to expect any kind of support from him and he stayed true to his word…No recommendations; no marketing gimmicks.”
- In an interview, he revealed that he had lost almost 10 kg of his body weight to become an actor.
- He is often spotted smoking on various occasions.