Rajendra Singh Gudha is an Indian politician who represents the Udaipurwati area as an MLA from the Congress party. He gained attention when the Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot sacked him as minister of state on 21 July 2023 for questioning the ruling congress government on women’s safety in the assembly.
Rajendra Singh Gudha was born on Friday, 19 July 1968 (age 55 years; as of 2023) in Gudha, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He is a twelfth pass and did his schooling at Government Senior Secondary School, Gudha. My Neta
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Gudha’s father’s name is Madhasingh Shekhawat. His mother’s name is Bhanwar Kanwar.
He has two brothers, Shravan Singh and Mahender Singh.
Wife & Children
Gudha got married to Nisha Kanwar on 22 February. Together they have two children, a son, Shivam Gudha, and a daughter Mansa Gudha.
Gudha follows Hinduism.
In 2008, he contested and won the Rajasthan Assembly election on a BSP ticket from the Udaipurwati constituency. After winning the seat, he left the BSP and joined the Congress party. He served as the State Minister of the Government of Rajasthan from December 2009 to December 2013. In 2018, he left the Congress party and again joined BSP. After being re-elected as the Member of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from the Udaipurwati Assembly constituency on a BSP ticket, he left the party, and in September 2019, he switched to the Congress party along with five other MLAs. In November 2021, he was appointed as the State Minister of Sainik Kalyan (IC) Home Guard and Civil Defence (IC) Panchayati Raj and Rural Development. On 21 July 2023, he was dismissed as State Minister of Sainik Kalyan by Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot after Gudha criticized the state government’s handling of crimes against women in the Assembly. On 24 July 2023, the Rajasthan assembly had to be adjourned after the sacked minister triggered unruly scenes in the House by highlighting a red diary, which allegedly carried the details of irregularities in the elections to the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA). At that time, RCA was headed by Ashok Gehlot’s son Vaibhav Gehlot. Thereafter, he was suspended by Speaker C P Joshi for the remainder of the assembly’s term over the ruckus.
Disrespecting remarks on Katrina Kaif
In 2021, Gudha made a comment while talking to the people of Udaipurwati that went viral on social media. He compared the smoothness of the roads in the area to actress Katrina Kaif‘s cheeks. Many people found this comment disrespectful and criticized him for it. India Today
Kidnapping charges against Gudha
In February 2023, Gudha was accused of threatening and kidnapping a man named Durga Singh from Ward No. 31, Gudha. Durga filed a complaint against Gudha at the Neem Ka Thana police station. According to Durga, Gudha called him, asked where he lived, and then arrived at his location within half an hour with his assistant Krishna Kumar, a red vehicle, and a police van. Durga claimed that Gudha forcibly made him sit in his car, grabbed his collar and neck, and got a blank cheque signed by him. Gudha, in response, stated that it was Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot‘s mistake to allow such a case to be filed against him. He argued that if Gehlot had learnt about the issue, he
should have talked to him directly first. Gudha further claimed that Durga was a fraudster who cheated people for money, and a woman named Vimla Kanwar was one of his victims. According to Gudha, Vimla sought his help, and and he abducted Durga to teach him a lesson
for his fraudulent activities. The Hindu
Sacked As Minister of State
On 21st July 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot sacked Gudha as a minister in his government after Gudha criticised the state government in the Assembly over crimes against women and compared the violence against women in Manipur and Rajasthan. Then, on 24 July 2023, Gudha was removed from the assembly due to his unruly behaviour. He angrily presented a “red diary” containing what he claimed was incriminating material against Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. In a press conference, Gudha tearfully told the media that he was physically attacked, punched, and kicked by Congress leaders when he went to the Rajasthan assembly. The Chairman of the Rajasthan Assembly also denied him the opportunity to speak. Additionally, all the ministers accused him of supporting the BJP. The Times of India
- Cash: Rs. 2,21,000
- Bank Deposits: Rs. 1,87,397
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 5,95,244
- Jewellery: Rs. 15,00,000
- Other assets: Rs. 2,58,960
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 50,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 65,50,000
- In 2016, Gudha filed a complaint at the Udaipurwati police station against his brothers and their sons. They forcibly halted his car and pulled, while one of them fired a gunshot. When other family members heard the gunshot, they came outside, but the accused individuals managed to escape by then.
- In 2017, he spoke at a press conference organized by various organizations of the Universal Reservation Rights Movement. He stated that the 14 per cent reservation provided by the state government to upper castes based on their economic status should be fully implemented by amending the constitution. Gudha emphasized that if equal rights were not granted to all communities under the reservation system or if the state government didn’t address their significant demands, the movement would be launched against it.
- In 2021, Gudha made a statement while speaking to the people of Udaipurwati that caused controversy. He asked them if his strategy was wrong or not. In a viral video, he was seen revealing a pattern of getting a ticket from BSP, winning elections, and then leaving the party to join Congress. Then, when he wanted to leave Congress, he rejoined BSP. In response to Gudha’s statement, Congress leader Acharya Pramod Krishnam criticized him and said that a political party is like a mother, and Gudha had no right to disrespect it by using such tactics.
- In a 2022 interview, he shared with school students at a program in a private school in Udaipurwati that he was once offered Rs. 25 crores to vote for a particular candidate in a Rajya Sabha election. He went on to say that when he discussed this offer with his wife and children, they emphasized that integrity and respect were more important than money. During the interaction, he said,
In the last Rajya Sabha elections, I was offered Rs 25 crores to cast my vote for one candidate. I had told this to my wife and she had said we don’t want money, you will lose your reputation.”
Continuing the conversation on corruption, he also disclosed that he was once offered a bribe of Rs. 60 crores. Talking about it, he said,
I was also lured by the amount, but my son and daughter and my wife told me that they want respect and not money.”
- In 2022, Gudha began supporting Sachin Pilot while strongly criticising Ashok Gehlot. He stated that he had a “red diary” containing records of alleged fraudulent activities by Ashok Gehlot. Moreover, in response to Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot’s remark calling Sachin Pilot a “traitor” and stating that he could never become the Chief Minister, Gudha gave a reply and said,
We will leave our stake for the chief ministership if you do not find 80 per cent MLAs with Sachin Pilot… No better politician than him. BJP was badly defeated in Rajasthan when I was the state party president. Still, the Congress president gave him another chance to Gehlot to become CM. Today the priority should be on how we can again win the Rajasthan election.”