Lee Watson is a TV presenter, entrepreneur, and writer. She is famous for being the first female sports presenter in Australia.
Lee Watson was born as ‘Lee Furlong’ on 24 August 1986 (age 32 years; as in 2018) in Cronulla Beach, New South Wales, Australia. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She took her degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of Wollongong, Australia.
Height: 5′ 7″
Weight: 55 kg
Figure Measurement: 34-36-36
Eye Colour: Hazel Blue
Hair Colour: Blonde
Family, Ethnicity & Husband
Her mother’s name is Vicki Furlong.
She has a brother named Luke Furlong.
She got married to Shane Watson, the Australian cricketer.
The couple has a son named William Watson and a daughter named Matilda Victoria Watson.
She was once rumoured to be in a relationship with Ian Thorpe, the Australian swimmer.
After graduation, she got her first job as a sports newsreader in Fox Sports News channel in 2006, which made her the first female sports newsreader in Australia.
Since then, she has hosted cricket and football superstar in Fox 8 and also covered Fox Sports international tennis coverage. She took a break from journalism and started a play school named ‘Let’s Activate,’ a play school for the children between the age of 2-6 years that encourages kids to engage in various sports activities.
She is the managing director of ‘Watson Promotions Pty Ltd’ and manages Shane Watson’s commercial endorsements and cricket related enquiries and requests. Lee is the general manager of “BEON Performance,’ a professional training and coaching centre.
- Sportsperson: Roger Federer
- Sports: Tennis, Cricket
- Lee used to participate in school-college tennis tournaments.
- She used to coach her neighbouring children in Tennis.
- Lee loved watching football with her father in childhood.
- In 2009, Lee was announced as the “World’s No. 1 WAG (Wife and Girlfriend) by the American web portal and service provider,’AOL,’ by a poll.
- Lee is an early riser and wakes up at 3:30, six days a week.
- She is a fitness lover.
- She wrote a kid’s book titled, ‘Nothing Happens Outside.’