Supriya Paul is an Indian entrepreneur known for co-founding the media platform Josh Talks with Shobhit Banga. She is also the CEO of the company.
Supriya Paul was born on Thursday, 16 September 1993 (age 30 years; as of 2023) in New Delhi. Vivek Atray – YouTube Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her high school at The Shri Ram School, Aravali in commerce (2001-2011). She completed her formal education in at Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi. She completed the LEAD Executive Education program at Stanford University in 2022. Supriya Paul – LinkedIn Besides this, she has studied classical music for 13 years. The Hans India
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about Supriya’s parents. Her father’s name is not known but her mother’s name is Preeti S Paul. She has an elder brother Raghav Paul (Transfer Pricing Manager at EY.) Raghav Paul – LinkedIn
Husband & Children
Supriya Paul is unmarried.
As an Entrepreneur
Supriya and her partner Shobhit Banga founded the company Josh Talks in 2015 and started with only one YouTube Hindi channel in October 2017. They slowly expanded to 9 other languages including Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Marathi, Punjabi, Odia, Kannada, and English. Since then, Josh Talks has amassed more than 8.9M subscribers. The platform has also released over 2,500 online talks as well as conducted more than 1500 offline events and workshops.
Besides Josh Talks, she is a co-founder of TripMegaMart, an IT company that provides websites and agents to companies aiming to start a travel business, a Mentor at Founder Institute, a Mentor of Change at Atal Innovation Mission, and an Advisory Panel at Women Economic Forum.
As an Author
Supriya has also written a book, All You Need Is Josh: Stories of Courage and Conviction in 21st-century India which displays 30 inspiring stories from around the world.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Startup of the Year (EduTech) – MeitY-NASSCOM Women Entrepreneur Awards 2021
- Woman Entrepreneur of the Year – Amazon Smbhav Awards 2021
- Forbes India’s Women Power List 2020
- Social Samosa Super Women 2020
- Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia 2018
- Most Influential Youth Marketing Leader – World Brand Congress 2018
- Best Content Creation – SheThePeople Digital Women Award 2017
- Iconic Women Creating a Better World for all – WEF 2017
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Women in Business Award 2017
- One of her inspirations was her father who told her that there is no place for mediocrity when she was just 13 years old. She kept his words in his mind ever since and wanted to create something irreplaceable. This also helped her in many other aspects of life.
- “Josh Talks” has been awarded the National Media Award by President Ramnath Kovind. It has also been named one of 2018’s Top 100 startups by Economic Times and Sutra HR.
- Although Josh Talks has recorded more than 4000 stories of people she decided to pick the top 30 most viewed stories on YouTube for the compilation of her book.
- Supriya believes that her first major failure was when she was 17 years old and could not get into her dream college, Shri Ram College of Commerce. However, later on, she felt that it was pointless to be fixated on her failures as they are only part of the journey.
- She also launched Josh Skill App which offered short-term and affordable courses to help people develop the necessary skills to further their profession. The app has more than 1.5M downloads and 150,000 paid users.
- The release date of her book was right before the pandemic started. However, it didn’t deter the publishing date and she went ahead with it. She also said that the royalty from the book would be donated to COVID relief funds in India. The Hans India
- Supriya has compared Josh Talks to the TEDx college version and ‘bade bhaiya’ (elder brother.) Your Story
- Supriya has been a speaker at the Women Economic Forum Conference 2019, Singapore, FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO), G.A.M.E Annual Convening 2019, Reputation Today, and Tedx, amongst others.
- She has interned with Outlook Magazine, Ogilvy & Mather, and has done volunteer projects for TERI.
- Supriya is not just one of the good friends with Ankur Warikoo, a YouTube content creator and entrepreneur, but he often participates in Josh Talks too.
- Supriya is an all-time traveler and loves to try different cuisines. She also loves having biryani which is one of her favorite dishes!
- She is a non-vegetarian. Supriya Paul – Instagram
- Supriya loves animals and even has a golden retriever as a pet, Theo. Earlier, she also had a pomeranian dog who died in 2015.