Kili Paul is a Tanzanian content creator, who is famous for posting videos on social media in which he lip-syncs Bollywood songs along with his sister. He gained popularity in 2021 when he lip-synched to the song ‘Raatan Lambiyan’ along with his sister.
Kili Paul was born on Monday, 9 October 1995 (age 27 years; as of 2022) in Mindu Tulieni, Pwani, Tanzania. His zodiac sign is Libra. Kili lives with his parents and extended family in his village, which lacks basic resources like electricity. They are livestock farmers.
Till class 4, he attended his village school. Later, he started attending Morogoro Secondary School in Dodoma, Tanzania, where he studied till class 7. Scroll.in He gave up his studies due to family circumstances. When he was in school, he was called by the name Yusuf by his friends and family, but his father later decided to name him Kili which is short for Kilimanjaro, Africa’s tallest peak.
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42′ Waist: 33′ Biceps: 15′
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents.
His sister, Neema Paul, is also a content creator, who appears in the lip-sync videos along with him.
Wife & Children
Kili is unmarried.
In 2022, Kili posted a story on Instagram in which he revealed that a group of people had attacked him. In a video, he posted on his YouTube channel, he was seen lying on a stretcher with a bandage on his thumb and injury marks on his legs. In the story, he posted on Instagram, he wrote,
People want me down but God will always take me up. Pray for me. I was attacked by 5 people in the movement of defending myself. My right-hand toe was injured by a knife and I got 5 stitches. I was beaten by sticks and clubs, but thank God, I defended myself after beating two people. They ran away but I was already injured. Pray for me…this is scary.” Hindustan Times
In 2022, Kili Paul was honoured by Binaya Pradhan, the Indian High Commissioner in Tanzania.
- Actor: Sunny Deol
- Singer: Jubin Nautiyal
- His hobbies include dancing, acting, and gymming.
- As there is no electricity in his village, he used to walk ten kilometres to another village to charge his phone.
- Despite leaving studies, Kili learned English, French, and Spanish.
- As a child, he enjoyed watching Hindi movies and listening to Hindi songs. He showed his passion for Hindi songs through the videos he posted on social media. At the beginning, he used to post videos of himself dancing and singing Bollywood songs, but later, he started making lip-sync videos with his sister, Neema. In an interview, he said that he took two days to learn a Hindi song and learned to pronounce each Hindi word with the help of Google. In the interview, he further said,
When I like a song, I go to YouTube, learn the lyrics, and then go to Google to see how they pronounce each word because I don’t want to miss any. Then I try to find the song’s English translation. I add my own expressions to love songs because love is love everywhere. So, yeah, I check the meaning of each part before recording.”
- According to him, his family thought he was stupid when he used to practice Hindi songs in his house. In an interview, he revealed that he wasn’t much popular among the people of his village as they did not use the internet.
- He has over 2 million subscribers on Instagram including various Indian actors like Ayushmann Khurrana, Gul Panag, and Richa Chadda.
- In February 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi talked about Kili and his sister’s efforts of promoting Hindi songs in the programme Mann Ki Baat. In the programme, Modi said,
Talking about Indian culture and my heritage, today I want to introduce you to two people in ‘Mann Ki Baat’. These days, two Tanzanian siblings, Kili Paul and her sister Nima, are in the news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and I’m sure you, too, must have heard about them. He has a passion, a passion for Indian music and that is why he is also very popular. His way of lip sync shows how hard he works for it.”
- In September 2022, he danced with actor Ranveer Singh at the Meta Creator Day event.
- In October 2022, he danced to the song ‘Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast’ after entering Bigg Boss 16 house as a guest. He made Instagram reels with contestants Abdu Rozik and Mc Stan.
- On 8 October 2022, he danced with judge Madhuri Dixit on the song Channe Ke Khet Mein on the show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10.’ In an interview, he talked about his entry into the show and said,
Nothing compares to the joy of dancing for me and so I’m thrilled to have joined the show. I have received love in abundance from India and as everyone can tell, I’m hooked to its culture. Shaking a leg with great dancers on this show has been amazing. I’m making some of the best memories on this show. I thank the contestants and judges Karan Johar, Madhuri Dixit Nene and Nora Fatehi.”
- He promotes his tribal dance forms and songs through his social media posts.
- He is a proficient Maasai warrior and often posts pictures of himself performing training drills and using shields and spears.
- He also promotes various products on social media..