Kainaz Motivala is an Indian actress and model who has appeared in several Bollywood films including Wake Up Sid (2009), Paathshaala (2010), and Ragini MMS 2 (2014).
Kainaz Motivala was born on Thursday, 20 November 1986 (age 36 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. Kainaz went to Germany as an exchange student at the age of 15, where she lived with a German family for a year. She graduated with a Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM) degree from Jai Hind College in Mumbai. She received her acceptance letter for a Master in Journalism from London; however, she dropped her plan.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-30-32
Parents & Siblings
Kainaz’s father was a Merchant Navy captain.
She has a younger sister named Karishma Motivala, and a brother named Yash Ajay Chokshi.
Husband & Children
On 28 November 2013, Kainaz got married to Urvaksh Doctor, a legal counsel, in a Parsi ceremony in Singapore.
In 2016, they conceived a daughter named Zara. A few years later, their marriage went kaput and the couple got separated.
After graduating from Jai Hind College, she worked as a journalist with HAIR Magazine in India. While she was co-ordinating a makeover shoot by HAIR Magazine, she was approached by one of the assistant directors of the film Paathshaala (2010) to audition for a role in the film. After Kainaz was offered the role, she took a sabbatical from work and began her journey in Bollywood. In 2015, she worked as a Zumba instructor.
In 2009, she made her acting debut as Tanya in the Ranbir Kapoor starrer Wake Up Sid.
In 2010, she played the role of Shailey in the film Paathshaala, starring Shahid Kapoor.
In 2011, she played the lead role of Ragini in the horror-thriller film Ragini MMS. She made a cameo appearance in the film Ragini MMS 2 (2014).
In 2012, she played the role of Tanya Malhotra in the film Challo Driver.
In 2014, she appeared in a horror-comedy Telugu film titled Boochamma Boochodu in which she played the role of Sravani.
Kainaz has worked in several TV commercials for many popular brands including Uninor, McDonald’s, Videocon, and Sony PIX.
She has modelled for several magazines and appeared in fashion shows.
- Director: Ayan Mukerji
- Co-star: Ranbir Kapoor
- Her mother tongue is Gujarati. When she was young, she studied the German language.
- Kainaz Motivala is a shopaholic and loves buying lingerie more than anything else.
- Growing up as the first child, Kainaz Motivala was a troublemaker who was pampered by her parents.
- Kainaz and Urvaksh’s first date was in a restaurant at an airport.
- In an interview, Kainaz said that it was director Atul Mongia who helped Kainaz in her development and growth as an actor while working on the film Ragini MMS (2011).
- She is a dancer who has been trained by Shiamak Davar for six years. Later, she pursued her dancing hobby with Shiamak’s special potential batch.
- Even till college, she used to ask her parents and teachers if she could bunk her classes.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet. Instagram – Kainaz Motivala
- Kainaz is fond of writing and has published several short stories such as in Urban Shots, which is an anthology of 29 urban tales by 13 young writers.
- Kainaz was once asked in an interview what qualities she looks for in a man to which she said,
He should have honest eyes, has to smell nice, and must pay lots of attention to personal hygiene.”
|↑1||Instagram – Kainaz Motivala|