Jasleen Matharu is an Indian singer and actress, better known for being the disciple and girlfriend of the devotional singer, Anup Jalota.
Jasleen Matharu was born on Wednesday, 4 April 1990 (age 30 years; as in 2020), in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. he traces her roots to Khanna in Ludhiana, Punjab.
IMDB Height: 5′ 5½
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black (Dyed Medium Blonde)
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Jasleen’s father, Kesar Matharu is a Hindi film director. Her mother’s name is Jaspreet Matharu. She has one brother Kamaljeet Singh Matharu who is an actor and a producer.
Her grandfather’s name is Sardarji Hardial Singh Matharu, and her grandmother’s name is Sardarni Prem Kaur Matharu.
Jasleen was in a live-in relationship with the Hindi devotional singer and musician Anup Jalota who is 37 years older than her. In 2018, she entered the Bigg Boss 12 house with her alleged boyfriend, Anup Jalota. She met Anup through her father, she used to learn music from Anup. Her family was not aware of her love-affair with Anup. However, after evicting from Bigg Boss 12, Jasleen and Anup denied their love affair. In an interview, Anup said,
People are not able to understand our relationship. We don’t have any kind of love story. We just share a musical relationship. She is my student and I am her teacher. I help her in learning music.There is no girlfriend-boyfriend kind of relationship between us and we are also not involved in any romantic and physical relation. I know Jasleen and her family for a long time. A lot of times I have met them at the airport and at their home. But Jasleen and I hardly get time to meet each other. She hasn’t even met my family members yet.”
In 2020, she started dating Dr Abhinit Gupta who is aesthetic physician & surgeon and is separated from his first wife. She was introduced to Dr Abhinit through veteran Indian singer, Anup Jalota. In an interview, she said,
Anup ji had told me about this doctor, who separated from his wife last year. But, the matter couldn’t progress owing to the lockdown. However, rather than delaying it further, he introduced us virtually. We talk a lot and get along well.”
Jasleen’s mother uploaded a post on Instagram in which she captioned Dr Abhijit as her son in law.
She made her acting debut in 2013 by playing the lead role in her father’s directorial Bollywood film ‘The Dirty Relation.’
Jasleen made her solo debut as a singer with the album ‘Love Day,’ which was released in the year 2012.
In 2014, she lent her voice for the song ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat.’
In 2018, she participated in ‘Bigg Boss 12’ along with Anup Jalota. She did a cameo in the 2019 TV serial ‘Vish.’
In the same year, she acted in the Hindi film ‘Vo Meri Student Hai’ along with Anup Jalota. The film is directed by Jasleen’s father and based on the real-life story of Jasleen and Anup.
In 2020, she appeared in the marriage-based TV show ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karoge’ in which she was seen competing with other female contestants to impress the Bigg Boss 13 contestant, Paras Chhabra.
- She created a lot of buzz for her live-in relationship with the veteran devotional singer, Anup Jalota. Later, the couple denied their relation and faced huge criticism from the audience. NDTV
- In 2019, she filed a police complaint against the Bigg Boss 12 contestant, Deepak Thakur for making an offensive video on her. India Today
- Quotes: ‘Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character,’ ‘Birds of a feather, flock together,’ and ‘Barking dogs, seldom bite.’
- Colour: Green
- Perfume: Dior Poison Girl
- Cuisine: Chinese
- When she was 4 years old, she met Anup Jalota for the first time.
- She won the best female singer title at an inter-college competition at the age of 16.
- She is a trained dancer and has received training in various dance forms like Bharatanatyam, Belly dancing, Hip-Hop, and Salsa.
- Jasleen was once a fan of the Indian comedian Deepak Kalal, who has been posting controversial videos on Kashmir valley. As a fan, she made a video for him. After Deepak saw this video, he started making videos on her like a marriage proposal in an amusing style. Even after her rejection, Deepak made several videos on her, one of them was Live Suhagraat with Jasleen. In reply to this video, Jasleen shared a live conversation with him.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet. YouTube
- Jasleen Matharu loves cats.
- Her family and friends call her ‘Jassi.’ National Views
- Jasleen Matharu has also performed with Mika Singh’s troupe for almost 3 years across India.
- In 2019, she won the awards like Dadasaheb Phalke Icon Award, Bharat Icon Award, and Style Icon of the year.
- She is a brown belt in kickboxing.
- She has got many tattoos inked on her body.
References [ + ]