Gurpreet Singh Gora PTC News, popularly referred to as Gangster Gora, is an Indian history-sheeter, who is associated with the Billa Gora group. He is the brother-in-law of the Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar. Reportedly, Gora was involved in hatching the conspiracy for the murder of the Punjabi singer-turned-politician Sidhu Moose Wala.
Gurpreet Singh, alias Gora, was born on Saturday, 6 May 1989 (age 33 years; as of 2022) in village Bariar, Batala, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Taurus. He did his schooling at Sant Baba Labh Singh Khalsa Senior Secondary School, Guru Ki Ber, Amritsar. Facebook- Gora
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Gurpreet Singh Gora is the son of Chamkaur Singh. Not much is known about his mother and siblings.
Gurpreet Singh Gora is married. He is married to the sister of the Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar.
Gora, as a teenager, started committing petty crimes like shoplifting and pilfering. Spoiled by the company of his friends, he soon, got involved in perpetrating heinous crimes like snatching, dacoity, and highway robbing.
Arrested for Conducting Highway Robbery
In July 2020, Gora, along with his close aide German Jeet Singh, was arrested by the Jalandhar (Rural) Police from Bhogpur for being involved in crimes like arms smuggling and highway robbery. Reportedly, the two of them were travelling in a Verna car when the police arrested them after getting a tip-off that they were planning to commit some heinous crime. The police recovered a bulletproof jacket and a .455 bore Pistol provided by gangster Gopi Ghanshampuriya, two Glock 09 mm Pistols with four live cartridges, one pump action 12 bore Rifle, one .32 bore Revolver, and a.30 bore Pistol with live cartridges. The Police also seized the Verna car in which they were travelling. During a media conversation, Navjot Mahal, SSP Jalandhar Rural said,
The police had got a tip-off that Gurpreet Singh and his aide German Jeet Singh were going towards Behram in a Verna car and were planning to commit some heinous crime, such as snatching vehicles from the highway at gunpoint. Meanwhile, special surveillance was quickly organised at check posts in the entire area, and a team of the special staff of Jalandhar Rural Police was able to apprehend the car-borne assailants.”
A case under Sections 392, 212, 216 A, 506, and 120-B of IPC and 25, 27 of the Arms Act was registered against Gora at the Bhogpur Police Station and further investigations in the case were on. The Tribune
Accused in Rana Sidhu’s Murder
On 22 October 2020, a gangster named Ranjit Singh, alias Rana Sidhu was gunned down by four armed men at Aulakh village on the Muktsar-Malout highway. Apparently, the murder was committed by the Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar, who took the responsibility for Rana Sidhu’s murder through his Facebook account. After the suspicion of Gora’s involvement in the case, the Punjab Police brought Gora from Faridkot Jail to Malout on a production warrant from where he was produced in the court. The court ordered the Malout police to remand him for two days. Dainik Bhaskar
Involvement in Gurlal Singh Pehalwan’s Murder
Gurpreet Singh Gora was also accused of the murder of the Youth Congress district president and Zila Parishad member Gurlal Singh Pehalwan in Faridkot in February 2021. Gora was lodged in the Hoshiarpur jail after a few pieces of evidence surfaced against him. Reportedly, the jailed gangster, Lawrence Bishnoi was the main conspirator in the murder of Pehalwan. The Tribune
- On 14-04-2016, an FIR under Sections 364-A, 336, 395, 397, 506, and 34 of the Indian Penal Code and Sections 25, 27, 54, and 59 of the Arms Act, 1878, was registered against Gora at the Zira police station, district Ferozepur. Indian Kanoon
- On 4- 07-2019, an FIR was registered against Gurpreet Singh Gora under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code at the Batala City police station, district Gurdaspur, for providing fake currency worth Rs. 50,000 to the innocent public in exchange of Rs. 10,000 (real Indian currency). Indian Kanoon
- On 17-06-2020, an FIR was filed against Gora under Sections 379, 411, 420, 473, and 120B of the Indian Penal Code at the Arif Ke Police Station in district Ferozepur of Punjab, for allegedly changing the number plates of the stolen cars and selling the same in the market. Indian Kanoon
Besides that, Gurpreet Singh is facing around 14 other criminal charges relating to murder, assault, snatching, dacoity, and gang war in various districts of Punjab. Reportedly, he is a proclaimed offender in around 13 of these cases.
Sidhu Moose Wala Murder Case
On 29 May 2022, the Punjabi singer and Congress leader Sidhu Moose Wala was shot dead by some unidentified assailants in the Mansa district of Punjab. He was shot dead a day after his security cover was curtailed by the Government of Punjab. At the time of the attack, Sidhu was travelling with his cousin and friend, who also suffered injuries. Following his murder, the Indian gangsters Goldy Brar, Lawrence Bishnoi, and Sachin Bishnoi took the responsibility for Sidhu’s murder through their respective Facebook accounts. During the interrogation with the suspected mastermind of the murder Lawrence Bishnoi by the Punjab Police, Goldy’s brother-in-law Gora’s name popped up. Subsequently, Gurpreet was taken to Mohali by the Hoshiarpur police and handed over to the Anti-Gangster Task Force, Punjab, for interrogation. Later, Gora was taken to the crime investigation agency (CIA) police station at Kharar, where the SIT questioned him about his links with the Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar and the jailed Indian gangster Lawrence Bishnoi. Although the officials have not divulged any information about Gora, some sources claim that Gora and Neeraj were aware of the plan that was framed to eliminate Sidhu Moosewala. The Tribune
- He loves racing cars in his leisure time.
- Gora carries out his operations under different names like Gurbir Gora The Tribune, Gurpreet Gora Punjab Kesari, Gurpreet Singh Gora PTC News, Gurvinderpal Singh Gora Dainik Bhaskar, and Gora Bhau Hindustan Times.
- He has got two tattoos inked on his body, a gun inked on his right forearm and a few letters inked on his left forearm.
- Gora is often seen consuming alcohol with his friends and relatives.