Seema Patil is the chief of quality at the financial services company in India ‘Zerodha.’ She is well-known for being the wife of the co-founder and CEO of Zerodha, Nithin Kamath.
Seema Patil was born on Sunday, 20 April 1980 (age 41 years; as of 2021) in Belgaum, Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Shivaji Tatoba Patil. Her sister’s name is Meena Patil, and her brother, Nandkumar Patil, works as an assistant vice president at Zerodha.
Husband & Children
In 2008, she got married to her boyfriend, Nithin Kamath, who is the CEO & Co-Founder of the Zerodha company. The couple has a son named Kiaan.
At the beginning of her career, she worked at Singapore Airlines Limited for almost eight years. On 1 June 2011, she started working at Zerodha Commodities Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru. On 9 May 2013, she was appointed as the director at the financial services company Straddle Capital Private Limited, Bengaluru. Some of her other job positions include:
- 14 February 2014- Director at Zerodha Capital Private Limited, Bengaluru
- 21 March 2014- Director at Austin Global Ventures Private Limited, Bengaluru
- 17 July 2019- Director at Nksquared Investment Private Limited, Bengaluru
- 19 March 2020- Director at Rainmatter Land Development Private Limited, Bengaluru
While she was appointed as the head of the HR/Human Resource Department at Zerodha, she said,
Creating an inspiring workplace has been the top priority for us. We believe it’s essential to foster a work environment that encourages people from different upbringings, cultures, talents to thrive and be successful.”
She further talked about the stay interviews conducted in her company. She said,
The process helps in understanding employees’ satisfaction level with their immediate bosses, work culture, employee expectations, their own assessment of work, etc. It gives us instant feedback to improve our performance and also to understand the psychology of each employee — what she or he is thinking. It also helps us identify future leaders and groom them accordingly.”
- Seema is an avid animal lover. She owned a pet dog who died earlier.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol at parties and events.
- She loves travelling, reading, and shopping in her leisure time.
- In an interview, she shared that initially, her parents did not agree to her marriage with Nithin as he did not have a steady job at that time. She further said,
For them, share markets and business sounded very risky and they thought that when the markets fell, Nithin would lose everything. My father went to the Reliance Money office and tried to figure out what they were doing.”
- She is a fitness enthusiast and regularly works out in the gym and practices Yoga along with her husband.
- Seema has got a tattoo inked on her right arm.