Madhav Seth is an Indian entrepreneur and business executive. He held the positions of Vice President of Realme Global and the CEO of Realme India and Europe. In 2023, there was news about him resigning from Realme and starting a new venture with HonorTech that gained attention.
Madhav Sheth was born on Monday, 21 April 1980 (age 43; as of 2023) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Taurus. After graduating from Xavier’s College in Mumbai, he went on to pursue an MBA degree in Finance and Sales from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. He earned his master’s degree in Business Administration and Management from Harvard Business School. Madhav also earned a degree in Global supply chain management from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, an Associate’s degree in Business Analytics from the University of Pennsylvania, and a degree in political science and government from the Yale School Of Management. The areas he specializes in are business, management, marketing, and related support services. Linkedin
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
There’s not much known about his parents or siblings.
Wife & Children
Madhav resides in India with his parents and family. He is blessed with a son and a daughter.
From 2003 to 2004, he worked at Synopsis Inc. in the US as a data analyst. In 2004, Madhav started his professional journey as a sales manager at the Priory Business Group in the USA, where he worked for three years. He joined Perfect Communications (India) as a sales director in 2008 and was promoted to the position of chief executive officer in 2016 before leaving the company. In the same year, he became a sales director for Oppo, concentrating on expanding its online and offline sales. He worked with Oppo till 2018.
Realme was co-founded by Madhav Sheth and Sky Li (Li Bingzhong) on 4 May 2018. Sheth took on the role of CEO for Realme in India and Europe in April 2018. He became the vice president of the company in December 2019. As the vice president, he was responsible for overseeing Realme’s strategy development, market expansion, product engineering, and brand recognition initiatives. Under his leadership, Realme became the fourth-largest smartphone brand in India, according to both International Data Corporation (IDC) and Counterpoint Research. Under the leadership of Madhav Sheth, Realme won many awards in a very short amount of time. As of 2023, Realme has expanded its operations to 59 regions across five continents under his leadership. Madhav resigned from his position at Realme in 2023. He announced the same from his official Twitter handle on 14 June 2023.
Goodbye can be disheartening, but world is too small until we meet again.
Farewell for now, but our paths may cross again soon, and that's something to look forward to building a better and bigger me. #Goodbye #UntilWeMeetAgain pic.twitter.com/sXSG06DFIR
— Madhav Sheth (@MadhavSheth1) June 14, 2023
After resigning, Madhav took up a senior role at HonorTech after spending 5 years with Realme. Madhav was not the only one who left Realme; several other employees also resigned and joined him in his new venture, HonorTech in July 2023.
Awards & Honours
- Tech Personality of the Year – Dainik Jagran (2019)
- Most Influential 40 Under 40 – Businessworld (2019)
- 100 Emerging Voices of 2019 – YourStory (2019)
- Emerging Global Leader of the Year – Jagran HiTech Awards (2020)
- 25 Most Influential Young Indians – GQ India (2021)
- Madhav is an F1 enthusiast.
- Realme, under the guidance of Sheth, significantly increased its charitable donations, particularly during the COVID-19 crisis in India.
- Madhav is very active on multiple social media platforms, and he has a following of 280K on his Instagram profile.
- During his childhood, Madhav lived in Gariahat, Calcutta, where he developed a keen interest in technology and cars. He spent a significant amount of time learning about them. The Telegraph
- Madhav took part in Realme’s Dare to Leap challenge in 2019 and skydived from a height of 13,000 feet.
- Madhav is an enthusiastic reader and enjoys sharing his latest book discoveries with his followers on social media.
- On 26 May 2023, his name’s hashtag trended on Twitter in the top 5.
- Two of his favourite foods are chana masala and idli vada.
- Sheth is also a guest columnist for prominent national and international publications including Forbes (India), Times of India, Fortune, Economic Times, and Hindustan Times.