Wazhma Ayoubi is an Afghan model, philanthropist, social activist, and entrepreneur.
Wazhma Ayoubi was born on Saturday, 28 January 1995 (age 28 years; as of 2023) in Kunduz, Afghanistan. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She did her schooling at Ralston Valley High School, Arvada, Colorado, U.S. In 2023, she completed her Master’s degree in Global Management and Leadership. During a media conversation, Wazhma Ayoubi once shared that her father came from a wealthy family, and her grandfather was a merchant. She explained her entrepreneurial journey, which led her to shift to Dubai from Afghanistan at an early age to pursue her professional career. She said,
My grandfather was a merchant, when I was a child he would always tell me stories of how he would go to Indian and Bangladesh and meet different people. He was in the imports and exports, he learnt so much about different cultures and he would also introduce our culture to them. So at a very young age, the seed of entrepreneurship was sown into my life.”
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 36-28-34
Parents & Siblings
Her father was a teacher in Afghanistan, and her mother’s name is Bibi Haji Mah Gul Ayoubi. She has two sisters named Nilofar Niko Ayoubi and Fatima Ayoubi. Nilofar is a journalist and entrepreneur, and Fatima is a fashion designer.
Wife & Children
Wazhma Ayoubi was married to an Afghani businessman named Ahmad; however, the couple got separated after a few years of marriage. The couple has a son named Zain who was born in 2018.
Wazhma Ayoubi works as a chairman of a clothing brand named “Laman Clothing” in Kabul and has been holding managerial and executive positions in many national and international firms since 2013.
Wazhma Ayoubi is passionate about fashion and allows her women employees to express their creativity and autonomy at Laman Clothing. She is also a social activist who advocates for women’s strength and independence, frequently raising her opinions against discrimination and ill-treatment of people in Afghanistan. She is the former director of ‘ChildFund Afghanistan,’ a non-religious, non-governmental, not-for-profit, and independent development organization based in Afghanistan.
- Quote: “The wound is the place where the light enters you” – Rumi
- Film: M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (Hindi; 2016)
- Being an ardent cricket enthusiast, Wazhma Ayoubi came into the limelight in 2022 when one of her videos while cheering the Afghanistan cricket team went viral during the Asia Cup match between Afghanistan and Bangladesh at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.
- Wazhma Ayoubi also goes by the name Micky Wazhma Ayoubi’s Instagram Post and Wazho Wazhma Ayoubi’s Facebook Post.
- She loves travelling to distant places, dancing, and acting in her leisure time.
- In September 2023, during the Asia Cup, Wazhma Ayoubi was seen wearing the Indian Cricket team jersey. Following the team’s win against Pakistan, she conveyed her congratulations on a social media platform.
- On 11 October 2023, Wazhma Ayoubi provided complimentary tickets to Afghan cricket enthusiasts and students in Delhi for India vs. Afghanistan cricket match at Arun Jaitley Stadium in New Delhi through her social media account. She posted,
Afghan students in Delhi who haven’t been able to get the#INDvAFG match tickets, message me for free tickets, and let’s cheer our#AfghanAtalan together.”
- According to Wazhma Ayoubi, she enjoys Bollywood movies and dreams of a career in the Hindi film industry.
- Apart from being a model and entrepreneur, Wazhma Ayoubi is also a bike lover and is often spotted riding bikes in Dubai.
- Wazhma Ayoubi frequently appears on live news television shows for cricket discussions, where she shares her insights and opinions.