Sara Gurpal is an Indian model, actress, and singer who mainly works in the Punjabi film and music industry. She rose to fame after featuring in Ranjit Bawa‘s song “Jean” (2013).
Sara Gurpal was born as Rachna Devi on Thursday, 19 November 1991 (age 29 years; as in 2020) in Ratia, Fatehabad, Haryana. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She did her schooling from Haryana. Sara was a student of non-medical in her school days. She secured a good rank in AIEEE and wanted to pursue a degree in Architecture. However, she didn’t get ádmission in her desired colleges. She then enrolled herself in Mohali’s Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT) to pursue B.Sc. in Fashion. While in college, she actively took part in theatre. Once, a photographer spotted her during a theatre play rehearsal and offered her a modelling assignment (Fashion shoot) Sara loved singing since childhood. In 2012, Sara bagged the title of Miss Chandigarh. In the same year, she received a call asking her to feature in a Punjabi song.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Bhir Singh, is a businessman. Her mother, Satish Kumari, is a homemaker. She has one elder brother and one elder sister.
Relationships & Husband
Sara got married to Tushar Kumar (singer). In 2020, Tushar claimed that Sara got married to him on 16 August 2014. He even released their pictures together and also shared his marriage certificate. However, later, Sara disclosed that she got married to him a few years back but the couple got separated due to misunderstandings.
Sara Gurpal started her career in 2013 by featuring in the Punjabi music video “Jean.” Subsequently, she featured in many Punjabi songs like “7 Knaalan” (2015), “Gunday No. 1” (2014) “Bullet Vs Chammak Challo” (2014), “Jaan” (2014), and “Jaguar” (2015).
She made her acting debut in 2017 with the Punjabi film “Manje Bistre” as ‘Bholi.’
In the same year, Sara made her singing debut with the song “Lagdi Att.” Subsequently, she released the songs “Ki Mai Kalli Aa” (2018) and “Slow Motion” (2017).
Sara made her digital media debut in 2020 with the web series “Mrs & Mr Kohli.” Thereafter, she participated in the game reality show “Bigg Boss 14.”
View this post on Instagram
Not letting the challenge overpower her, Sara bravely completed the task she was asked for. aakhir kaar 'Jatti saadi zinda dil haegi aa, Kisi Kam to piche ni hatdi'. Sara knows what she has gone for in the BB house. We are so proud of her. Are you? . . . . #sarakehndi #sarainbb14 #BiggBoss #AbScenePaltega #BB14 #BigBoss14 #BigBoss2020 #BigBoss #SalmanKhan #Voot #ColorsTv #SaraGurpal @vootselect @colorstv @beingsalmankhan
- In 2015, Sara Gurpal attracted controversy for her leaked private pictures. However, later she said that it was not her in the picture.
- In 2020, Sara landed into a controversy after a Chandigarh based man named Tushar Kumar (singer) claimed that Sara got married to him in 2014 and she was lying about her martial status. He even produced his pictures with Sara and also shared the marriage certificate. ABP Live
- Food: Rajma-Chawal
- Food: Pasta
- Musician: Shakira
- Colour(s): White, Yellow
- Sport: Football
- Perfume: Armani
- Film: Andaz Apna Apna (1994)
- Her hobbies include travelling and shopping.
- Sara follows a vegetarian diet.
- Sara is an avid dog lover and has two pet dogs named Aladin and Flash.
- Sara Gurpal is fond of plants.
- Sara earned Rs. 12000 from her first music video. She spent that money to buy gifts for her family.
- Sara has got a leaf inked on her left forearm and some words inked on her right forearm.
- She shares a great bond with the Punjabi singer, Armaan Bedil.
References [ + ]