Saurabh Raj Jain aka Sourabh Raaj Jain is a popular TV actor who is best known for his role of ‘Lord Krishna’ in the mythological TV serial ‘Mahabharat.’ Let’s check out Saurabh Raj Jain’s age, details about his personal life, his career in the entertainment industry, and other interesting facts.
Saurabh was born on 1 December 1985 in New Delhi, India. He struggled a lot during the initial phase of his acting career because of his height. The makers of the TV shows found it difficult to find a pair opposite him. He considers the Bollywood superstar, Amitabh Bachchan, his inspiration.
He played the role of ‘Lord Vishnu’ in three different mythological TV serials ‘Jai Shri Krishna’ (2008-2009), ‘Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev’ (2011-2014), and ‘Mahabharat’ (2013-2014).
Saurabh is approximately 6′ 3” tall and weighs 90 kg. He has a broad chest around 44 inches and biceps around 18 inches. He has black eyes and hair.
Getting dere, slowly but surely….. pic.twitter.com/04IfYCHDAc
— sourabh raaj jain (@saurabhraajjain) November 11, 2017
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He belongs to a middle-class Jain family, but he follows Buddhism since his teenage. His mother, Raj Jain is an advocate and he has two elder sisters.
He got married to his long-time girlfriend Riddhima Saurabh Jain, who is a software engineer by profession, in 2010. They met at ‘Ashley Lobo’s Academy’ in Noida. The couple is the parents of twins, a boy and a girl who were born in 2017. His son’s name is Hrishivh and daughter’s name is Hrishika.
He did his schooling from Colonel Satsangis Kiran Memorial (CSKM) Public School, New Delhi. He completed his graduation with a Degree in Computer Applications (BCA) from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi and MBA from Symbiosis International University, Pune. During his school days, he gave tuitions to the students of lower grades and earned ₹ 500 per student.
Saurabh’s acting career began when he got an opportunity to act in the TV serial ‘Remix’ for the role of ‘Amandeep Chadha.’ He was still in college and after the show ended, he took a break for almost two years to complete his studies.
After completing his studies, he rejoined the entertainment industry and got a chance to act in the Hollywood film ‘Karma: Crime. Passion. Reincarnation’ (2008).
Saurabh became a household name with the portrayal of his role of ‘Anand’ in Ekta Kapoor’s TV serial ‘Parichay’ (2011).
He also acted in many mythological TV serials, ‘Jai Shri Krishna’ (2008-2009) as ‘Lord Vishnu’, ‘Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev’ (2011-2014) as ‘Lord Vishnu/Lord Krishna’, ‘Mahabharat’ (2013-2014) as ‘Lord Krishna/Lord Vishnu’, and ‘Mahakali – Anth hi Aarambh hai’ (2017) as ‘Lord Shiva.’
The makers of ‘Mahabharat’ were so keen to cast him for the role of ‘Lord Krishna’ that they kept Saurabh on hold for a year, by paying him a lump sum amount every month, so that he could not do any other project.
Apart from being an actor, he is also a great host and hosted several TV shows like ‘Savdhaan India – India Fights Back’ (2015), ‘Bhakton Ki Bhakti Mein Shakti’ (2015-2016), and ‘Mahapuran’ (2016). He also worked as a Radio Jockey of the spiritual show ‘Arth’ that aired on 92.7 Big FM.
In 2015, he got the role of ‘Krish’ in the Indonesian film ‘Check In Bangkok.’ In 2017, he got the chance to work in Telugu cinema and played the role of ‘Lord Venkateswara’ in the Telugu film ‘Om Namo Venkatesaya.’
- In 2012, an imposter interacted with his friends and fans under his name on Facebook. The imposter not only used Saurabh’s photos but also used to chat with people who were friends with Saurabh, especially his female friends. He also exchanged numbers and used foul language. Saurabh came to know about the incident through one of his fans. Saurabh informed the authorities of Facebook, after which they took the necessary action.
Saurabh Raj Jain owns a Ford EcoSport.
- Saurabh likes to eat Sarson ka Saag with Makki ki roti, Bhendi Chaatwali, Dal Makhni, Pav Bhaji, Pulao, Spinach and Corn Soup, Pizza, and Gajar ka Halwa.
- He likes to watch Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Madhuri Dixit, and Sushmita Sen on the silver screen.
- His favourite films are Mughal-E-Azam, Lamhe, and 3 Idiots.
- Jain likes to read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, Angels & Demons by Dan Brown, and The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho in his free time.
- Saurabh’s favourite directors are S. S. Rajamouli and Anurag Bose.
- He listens to the music of A. R. Rahman.
- Saurabh Raj Jain admires the writers, Gulzar and Javed Akhtar.
- His favourite cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar.
- Saurabh prefers white and blue colours.
- He wears Issey Miyake‘s men’s perfume.
- Jain prefers the fashion brand, Aldo.
- Saurabh Raj likes to dine in British Brewing Company, Oberoi Mall, and Madhur Milan at Peninsula Grand.
- Saurabh suffers from Claustrophobia, a fear of being enclosed in a small space or room.
- He is a close friend of TV actor Shaheer Sheikh.
- He takes a lot of interest in reading, dancing, swimming, gymming, and martial arts.
- His dream role is to portray Rabindranath Tagore.