Karishma Tanna is a talented and versatile Indian actress, model and host who has always enchanted the audience with her glamorous performances. The actress mainly appears in the Hindi films. She is best known for her acting in the Indian soap opera ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ and her participation in India’s most controversial reality show ‘Bigg Boss 8’. For more information, check out Tanna’s wiki, height, weight, age, boyfriend, caste, family, biography and more.
Karishma Tanna was born in 1983 in Mumbai, Maharashtra who blows her birthday candles every year on 21 December. Her family members and friends call her by the name ‘Karu’.
She did her schooling from her hometown Mumbai, Maharashtra. She completed her college education at Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. She received lots of fame after she appeared in Star Plus daily soap ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’. She achieved success in a very short duration of time because of her hard work. She took interest in dancing since childhood. She achieved success in a very short duration of time because of her hard work.
Karishma Tanna is a beautiful girl with perfect physique of 32-28-34 and with a tall and amazing height of 5’ 9” height. She looks amazing on the screen with her dark brown eyes and black hair. She is a fitness freak who regularly goes to the gym.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She was born in a middle- class Gujarati family. Her father died in 2012 and mother Jasmine Tanna is a homemaker. She has a younger sister Drishma Kadam.
She was in a relationship with many celebrities but she denied such relations. Initially, she was in a relationship with the musician Bappa Lahiri for a short period.
After that, she had an affair with model Hanif Halal but due to some unknown reasons, they got separated.
Rushabh Choksi who is a restaurateur and fitness trainer in Mumbai and was her another boyfriend.
In 2014, she started dating actor and model Upen Patel. Their love began from the house of Bigg Boss Season 8 and in 2015, they got engaged but later, they got separated due to unknown reasons.
She started her career at the age of 17 as a TV actress in the most popular daily soap ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ in 2001 in which she played the role of ‘Indu’.
After that, she appeared in many TV serials like ‘Kahi To Milenge’, ‘Manshaa’, ‘Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand’, ‘Kkoi Dil Mein Hai’, ‘Shararat’, ‘Kkusum’, ‘Paalkhi’, and many more. In 2005, she tried her luck in the Bollywood from the movie ‘Dosti: Friends Forever’ in 2005 which was the flop and after that, she was either rejected for her height or for being a daily soap. She did not play well in the Bollywood. After her debut movie, she came back to the Hindi TV serials and worked in many popular TV serials.
She gave the special appearance as a dancer in the TV serials ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ and ‘Yeh Vaada Raha’.
She has participated in the many reality shows like ‘Comedy Circus 1’, ‘Nach Baliye 3’ (Guest Contestant), ‘Kaho Na Yaar Hai’, ‘Zara Nachke Dikha’, ‘Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout’, ‘Comedy Circus Maha-Sangram’, ‘Bigg Boss 8’, and many more.
She has also hosted the reality shows like ‘Kaante Ki Takkar’ and ‘MTV Love School – Season 1 (with Upen Patel). She has been the judge in the show ‘BIG Memsaab‘.
In 2011, for the first time, she appeared as a lead actress in the Kannada movie ‘I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona’
and after that, she worked in the few Bollywood movies: ‘Grand Masti’, ‘Golu Aur Pappu’ and ‘Sanju’ in which she played the role of Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit.
In 2015, she won the title of ‘Stylish female in a reality show’ in the house of ‘Bigg Boss 8′.
In 2016, she won Zee Gold Awards in the category of ‘Most Fit Actress’.
- In 2014, she was one of the most controversial contestants inside the house of ‘Bigg Boss 8’.
- In 2017, due to her tantrums, she was replaced at the last moment by Surbhi Jyoti for the comedy show ‘Comedy Dangal’.
- In March 2018, a case of cheating, threatening and blackmailing was filed against her by the Delhi based event manager, Manas Katyal for not performing at a wedding reception in Haldwani, Uttarakhand but Karishma denied such allegations and said that she was cheated by him as she was told that the show was in Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh but when she reached there, she came to know that the event was in Haldwani.
- In her debut movie, she worked alongside the superstars like Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Bobby Deol, Lara Dutta and Juhi Chawla which was like a dream come true for her.
- Before entering into the ‘Big Boss 8’ house, she learned cooking skills.
- Her Ex-boyfriend, Rushabh Choksi, put allegations on her that he and Karishma were still in a relationship when Karishma started dating Upen in the ‘Bigg Boss 8’ house.
- In 2015, Upen Patel proposed to her on the dance show ‘Nach Baliye 7, after that, the couple got engaged.
- She has the habit of drinking and smoking.
- Her favourite celebrities are Kangana Ranaut and Victoria Beckham.
- She likes to listen to the song ‘Jeena Jeena’ by Atif Aslam from the film ‘Badlapur.
- She loves Gujarati cuisine.
- Paris and Dubai are her favourite travelling spots.
- She has a BMW car.
- She inked a text tattoo (Ma-Mother) on her right wrist.