Rrahul Narain Kanal is an Indian politician. He is a committee member of Yuva Sena, the youth wing of Shiv Sena.
Rrahul Narain Kanal was born on Friday, 27 September 1985 (age 37 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He grew up in Bandra, Mumbai.
Rrahul studied at St. Stanislaus High School, Mumbai. Thereafter, he attended MMK College, Bandra, Mumbai and the University of Mumbai. He then pursued a doctorate degree in Social Service at Royal American University, United States
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Rrahul Narain Kanal belongs to a Hindu Maharashtrian family.
Parents & Siblings
Rrahul’s father’s name is Narain Kanal, and his mother’s name is Sunita Kanal.
On 27 January 2023, he got married to Dolly Chainani.
On 14 June 2022, Rrahul Narain Kanal got engaged to Dolly Chainani.
7/A, Amar Jeevan, St. Martins Rd, next to Bandra Police Station, Bandra (West), Mumbai 400050
Rrahul Narain Kanal started his political career as the first District President of the Yuva Sena in Mumbai. Yuva Sena is a youth wing of Shiv Sena and is presided by Aditya Uddhav Thackeray. Subsequently, he was elected as the youngest Vice President of the District Yuva Sena community. Kanal, along with all office-bearers of the Yuva Sena from Bandra West, was suspended by the Shiv Sena on 30 June 2023. In response, Kanal took to Twitter, where he wrote,
Feeling Sad !!! Very well know who has done this but removing people who have worked for you without a hearing is arrogance and you could remove me but not the people who have worked day and night yet. Chalo acha hai sabko pata chale ke Ego Aur arrogance kya hota hai !!! (it’s good that now people will know what happens with ego and arrogance).”
Rrahul Narain Kanal owns Bhaijaanz, a restaurant in Bandra. Salman Khan is his favourite actor, and he has named the restaurant after him.
Income Tax Raid
On 8 March 2022, the Income Tax Department conducted a raid at properties associated with Rrahul Kanal. The raid was executed after Rrahul was accused of hawala transactions by Yashwant Jadhav, a leader of Shiv Sena. The Indian Express
Defamation case filed By Rrahul
In 2022, Rrahul issued a defamation notice to BJP MLA Nitesh Rane over his tweets in which Rane made allegations against Rrahul related to Income Tax searches at RRrahul properties. Nitesh tweeted,
IT raids at Rahul Kanal’s house!! Aur nikalo Humare Aadhish pe morcha..Bola tha.. Waqt Waqt ki baat hai!!..Mobile tower locations and CDR of Kanal on the 8th and 13th night will also help solving the Disha and SSR cases!! Partners in crime?,”
After acknowledging the tweet, Rrahul served a defamation notice to Nitesh Rane. In the notice issued by Rrahul Kanal’s lawyer Shoeb Sheikh, Kunal demanded an apology from Nitesh Rana and further urged him to delete the tweet within 48 hours. Rrahul said in a tweet,
I have further requested my legal team to charge the defamation charges and thereby give a monthly consideration to the respected families who they have gained their Perosnal political… God is Great !!! Satyameva Jayate !!! The Times Of India
- In 2022, he was awarded DadaSaheb Falke International Film Festival Award for his project ‘I Love Mumbai’.
- In 2020, he was awarded Intergovernmental Collaborative Action Fund for Excellence Award.
- In 2020, he received the Mumbai Achievers Award for being the best humanitarian of the year.
- In 2020, he received appreciation from the Free Press Journal for his participation in making India a better place.
- In 2021, he received an honour for his contribution to helping people during the COVID-19 pandemic in India by India Nightlife Convention and awards.
- In 2021, he was honoured by the Dubai Police with an Essad card.
- In 2022, he received appreciation from the Iconic Gold Awards.
- In 2015, Rrahul Narain Kanal, who is the owner of the restaurant Bhaijaanz, decided to pay a tribute to Salman Khan by allowing the customers to make the bill according to their wishes. In an interview, Rrahul said,
It’s just 0.1 percent of something that we could do to celebrate this day. The customers can have whatever they want and take 90 percent or 99 per cent discount as per their wish. This is a small tribute we would like to pay to Salman bhai.”
- In 2022, Rrahul Narain, along with Uddhav Thackeray and his son Aaditya Thackeray, went to Ajmer Sharif to offer a Chadar on the occasion of Urs.
- In 2019, Rrahul desired to contest the Maharashtra Assembly Election from Bandra. In an interview, Rrahul talked about this and said,
If party allows me to contest the election from Bandra west I will follow the order because I know Bandra west area very well I am doing social service in this area since my college hood every one knows me very well I know the civic issues of this area very well if I get a chance I will prove myself.”
- In 2020, amid the nationwide lockdown in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic in India, Rrahul Kanal helped many people by giving them food, clothing, and other essentials. Actor Salman Khan also joined Rrahul in his charity and helped with the distribution of food packages to the poor. In a tweet, Rrahul said,
Today we shall reach out to the areas of Bandra-Worli-Juhu-BKC-Agripada…Proud feeling that we could do our bit and our mark of respect for tireless service of @Mumbaipolice, @mybmc and health warriors.”
- In 2021, Indian cricketer Virat Kohli began working toward pandemic relief, when the IPL was postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. He met Rrahul and asked for his assistance on the project. In a tweet, Rahul stated this and said,
Meeting our Captain…Respect and love for the movement he has started working for the COVID relief…No words just respect and prayers for all his efforts !!!
- On his official website, he claims himself a devoted fan of superstar Salman Khan and says that he takes the differently-abled children of NGO Ashray to watch every movie of Salman Khan.