Rishi Singh is an Indian singer, songwriter, and performer who appeared as a contestant in Sony TV’s singing reality show Indian Idol season 13 in September 2022 which he ended up winning on 2 April 2023.
Rishi Raj Singh Melodious Records – YouTube was born in 2003 (age 19 years; as of 2022) in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India. He attended The Cambrian School in Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh. After completing his schooling, Rishi started pursuing graduation at Himgiri Zee University in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Rishiraj Singh – Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Rishi’s father’s name is Rajendra Singh, and his mother’s name is Anjali Singh. While participating in the singing reality show Indian Idol Season 13, Rishi revealed that his parents, Rajendra and Anjali, were not his biological parents, rather he was adopted by them. TellyGate – YouTube
Rishi Singh follows Hinduism.
Rishi Singh participated as a contestant in the popular Indian singing reality show Indian Idol season 13 on Sony TV.
On 2 April 2023, Rishi Singh was announced as the winner of Indian Idol season 13; Kolkata’s Debosmita Roy and Chirag Kotwal from Jammu and Kashmir were adjudged the first and the second runner-up of the show respectively. Along with the trophy, Rishi took home the prize money of Rs 25 lakh.
In the same year, he appeared in one of the episodes of The Kapil Sharma Show on Sony TV.
Rishi Singh has lent his voice to a few music videos like Hum Jee Lenge (2021), Asoomiyan (2021), and Ilteja Meri (2022) on YouTube.
He has sung a few music covers of the Bollywood songs like Aaj Bhi (2020), Phir Mohabbat (2020), and Labon Ko (2021) on YouTube.
- In an interview, Rishi revealed that his parents wanted him to study and opt for some stable job rather than make a career in singing. SET India – YouTube
- In June 2019, Rishi performed in the Annual Music Concert at the Ram Katha Museum in Ayodhya.
- In an interview, Rishi revealed that he started his singing career by performing devotional songs in gurdwaras. National Watch – YouTube
- In an interview, on being asked about the most memorable moment of his Indian Idol journey, Rishi said,
‘The Dream Debut’ will forever be the most memorable experience for me! Seeing the grandness around me was overwhelming. I worked very hard to have reached this far and make my near and dear ones proud. I performed ‘Kaise hua’ in front of respected singer Armaan Malik, the song’s original singer. The best moment was when he performed the song with me on stage. I always wanted to perform with him and getting this chance so early was magical. It felt as if all my dreams were coming true.” The Lucknow Tribune
- Rishi, in an interview, revealed that he never received any professional training in singing.
- In 2019, Rishi Singh participated in the Indian Idol season 11 in Mumbai, but he couldn’t qualify for the final round of selection. Rishi Singh – Facebook
- Virat Kohli, the Indian cricketer, follows Rishi Singh’s official Instagram account. Rishi Singh – Instagram