Sonarika Bhadoria is an Indian actress who is famous for the portrayal of the role of Parvati/Adishakti in the TV serial, Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev.
Sonarika was born on 3 December 1992 (age 27; as in 2019) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her role as Parvati in the soap opera, Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev, got her immense fame and fan following.
Becoming an actress was never her aspiration as a child, she wanted to become an IAS Officer. In an interview, she revealed that, when she was approached for the role of Parvati for the show, she accepted the offer only because she and her family are very spiritual and big devotees of Lord Shiva.
Family, Affairs & Religion
Sonarika was born into a conservative Rajput family, with roots in Lucknow. Her father, Rakesh Singh Bhadoria, is a businessman and her mother, Poonam Singh, is a homemaker.
She has one younger brother, Harsh Bhadoria.
She is in a relationship with Vikas Parashar.
She is a very spiritual person and is an ardent follower of Shri Shri Ravishankar of ‘The Art Of Living.’
Sonarika did her schooling from Yashodham High School & Junior College, Mumbai. She completed her graduation (BA)in Psychology from D.G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai. In 2011, she made her debut in the TV industry with the show, Tum Dena Saath Mera. Her debut Telugu film was Jadoogadu (2015) and her Bollywood debut was the film, Saansein: The Last Breath (2016), opposite Rajneesh Duggal.
She has also acted in the serial, Prithvi Vallabh, in which she essayed the character of Mrinal. In 2018, she appeared in the show, Dastaan-E-Mohabbat: Salim Anarkali, portraying the role of ‘Anarkali’ in the show.
- Sonarika loves eating chocolates, chewing gums and ice creams and she makes sure to carry at least 30 different types of chewing gums, mints, and chocolates in her bag.
- Her favourite actor is Aamir Khan.
- She enjoys watching movies in her leisure time. Her all-time favourite Bollywood film is Rang De Basanti. Her favourite Hollywood movie is Titanic.
- Sonarika’s favourite shows are Friends, SpongeBob SquarePants, So You Think You Can Dance, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
- Her favourite musicians are A.R. Rahman, Owl City, Jonas Brothers, Savage Garden, Justin Timberlake, Shakira, and Enrique Iglesias.
- Sonarika loves listening to music and her favourite songs are Tera Honay Laga Hoon from the film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani.
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is her all one of her favourite books.
- Sonarika believes that White and Yellow colours suit her the best.
- She loves shopping and her favourite brands are Zara, Mango, Forever New, Forever 21, and Aldo.
- She loves travelling and reading.
- Sonarika keeps herself fit by doing meditation and power yoga. Since the age of 9, she has been practising both.
- Since Sonarika had no interest in acting, it was her grandmother and mother, who advised her to take on the show, Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev.
- In 2018, She was among Times of India’s ‘Top 20 Most Desirable Women on Indian Television.’
- She is an avid dog lover.