Pallavi Subhash is an Indian television and film actress. She acts in films and TV serials of various languages like Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, and Sri Lankan (Sinhala).
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Her father passed away when she was too young. She lives with her mother and has a younger sister.
After dating the Marathi actor Aniket Vishwasrao for 8 years, she parted ways with him in 2014. In an interview, Pallavi confirmed their split. She said,
It is true that Aniket and I have parted ways. It has been a few months now and the decision was mutual. It is quite personal and I wouldn’t want to talk about it. At times, it happens that you feel someone is right for you at a certain age, but as you grow older and mature, your thoughts change.” The Times of India
She started her career as a theatre play artist. Her first theatre play was Kedar Shinde’s Marathi play ‘Tu Tu Mee Mee.’ Later, she performed in various Marathi and Hindi theatre plays.
In 2003, she debuted as an actor in the Marathi TV serial ‘Saheb Bibi Aani Mee.’ She has acted in various Marathi TV serials such as ‘Guntata Hriday He’ (2011), ‘Shriyut Gangadhar Tipre’ (2012), ‘Char Divas Sasuche’ (2013), and ‘Adhuri Ek Kahani’ (2019). She debuted in the Hindi TV serials with ‘Tumhari Disha’ (2004) in which she played the role of Preeta. Later, she appeared in many Hindi TV serials including ‘Karam Apnaa Apnaa’ (2006), ‘Kasamh Se’ (2007), ‘Godh Bharaai’ (2010), ‘Mahabharat’ (2013), and ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat’ (2015).
Pallavi has also appeared in Marathi TV comedy shows like ‘Comedy Express’ (2012) and ‘Comedy Chi Bullet Train’ (2014).
In 2003, she debuted as an actor in the Marathi film ‘Polisachi Bayko.’ Pallavi has acted in various Marathi films such as ‘Kunku Zale Vairi’ (2005), ‘Dhava Dhava Khun Khun’ (2013), and ‘Miranda House’ (2019).
She has acted in films of different languages including ‘Om’ (Tamil; 2008), ‘Rascal’ (Kannada; 2008), ‘Naruda Donoruda’ (Telugu; 2016). She has also acted in Sinhala (Sri Lankan) films like ‘Bimba Devi’ alias ‘Yashodhara’ (2018) and ‘Ghar Hota Menacha’ (2018).
She has also appeared in various TV commercials including Cadbury Chocolate, Appollo Sellappas Gold, and PNG Jewellers.
Awards & Honours
- Colors Golden Petal Awards (2016) for Best Supporting Actress in Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat
- SAFAL Fest Award (2018)- Distinguished Achievement Award for Bimba Devi alias Yashodhara
- Actor(s): Ranbir Kapoor and Tom Cruise
- Actress: Smita Patil
- Colour(s): Red and White
- Subject: Accountancy
- Food: Biryani
- Fruit: Mango
- Dessert: Dudhi Halwa
- Song: Can’t Help Falling in Love (1961) by Elvis Presley
- Author: Robin Sharma
- The Indian producer, Ekta Kapoor calls her Misal Pav. In an interview, she shared the reason behind it. She said,
When Ekta had offered me Karam… I had refused it. She then called me to her office and asked me what the recipe of Misal pav was. After I told her the recipe, she ordered it for everyone. While having the pav, she offered me the role again. I agreed. Since then she calls me Misal pav.” The Times of India
- In an interview, she shared that she wanted to become an advocate, but she had an offer to act in a theatre play, so she decided to pursue acting as her career.
- She loves cooking, sleeping, and reading books.
- During an interview, she shared why she had opted out of the Indian film director Gautham Menon’s film in 2014. She said,
I was excited about being part of Gautham sir’s project and I’m grateful to them for having thought of casting me in that role. It would have been a dream launch for me, definitely. We started the project in October 2013 and launched a promo in February 2014. Post that, things took a different turn. There was a delay and they started a new project ( Yennai Arindhaal) it is absolutely up to them to decide on which project had to be finished first and I’m completely fine with that as it is their decision \ but I was waiting for quite a while. Then, I had committed my dates to a TV show after waiting for one and a half years. So, when they started this project again, I couldn’t give them the dates they wanted.”
- She is an ardent devotee of Lord Ganesha.
- She has been featured on the cover page of various magazines like Grihshobhika and Tanishka.
- Pallavi is an avid animal lover, and she owns a pet cat.