Lavleen Kaur is an award-winning Indian dietitian, clinical nutritionist, and lifestyle coach based in Chandigarh, India. She is the founder of Diet Insight, a diet clinic which she started in 2014, to educate the masses about healthy eating and overall wellness. She was awarded the International Excellence Award 2019 for Best Dietitian and is the recipient of ‘Most Promising Youngest Dietitian in North India’ by International Healthcare Awards, held in New Delhi in 2016. Lavleen has a massive fan following on social media, especially on Facebook.
Lavleen Kaur was born on 21 April 1987 (age 33 years; as in 2020) in Chandigarh, India. She has a Master’s degree in Science specialising in Foods and Nutrition from Government Home Science College, Chandigarh, and a postgraduate degree in Health & Family Welfare from Panjab University.
She founded Diet Insight in 2014, a diet clinic situated in Chandigarh with a mission to provide a real insight and educate common people about healthy eating and lifestyle habits.
With a small but well connected team of qualified dietitians and nutritionists, she is serving personalized diet & lifestyle plans to clients and patients worldwide (via the mobile app ‘Diet Insight’) to manage obesity, Thyroid, PCOD/S, Diabetes, Hypertension and all other lifestyle disorders.
She does not believe in strict nutrition philosophies, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. Rather, she encourages use of food as medicine with a holistic approach.
Her unique yet simple presentation of videos on social media always have a personal and ‘desi’ touch, which allows her to deeply connect and engage with people’s lives and deliver the message effectively.
Height: 5′ 1″
Weight: 48 Kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
As of 2020, she has over 10 years of experience in the industry. She currently provides personalized programs to clients and patients across the world through a mobile app and her clinic.
She founded the clinic ‘Diet Insight’ in Chandigarh in the year 2014 on the idea of helping people realize the power of food and if the intake can help heal prevailing lifestyle disorders like diabetes, cholesterol, hypertension, thyroid, and PCOD.
In just six years of starting her clinic, she has had over 25K satisfied clients from all corners of the world. Her coaching is purely based on balanced healthy food and nutrition. She believes in creating a healthy lifestyle rather than promoting quick weight loss diets, pills or use of supplements.
Through her ‘Diet Insight’ Clinic, she provides various programs for patients. From common problems like weight loss, weight gain, to specific issues like kid’s nourishment, pre-wedding, and pregnancy care, she provides loads of personalized diet plans. Further, she posts simple and entertaining videos on Facebook and YouTube to educate the masses about various diet tips in a fun way. This helps her to connect and engage with the audience on a personal level.
Family, Caste & Husband
Lavleen Kaur belongs to a Sikh family. She is religious and quite attached to the principles of Sikhism. On December 9, 2012, Lavleen Kaur got married to Jagandeep Singh, an IT Systems Engineer by profession, also a co-founder of Diet Insight who manages the organisation’s operations. The couple has a cute son named Meharmeet Singh, who was born in 2013.
Lavleen’s father Baljit Singh is a businessperson while her mother is a homemaker. Her brother, Gurleen Singh is a chartered accountant.
Lavleen Kaur was honored as the “Best Dietitian in Chandigarh” by International Excellence Awards, Malaysia, in the year 2019. She received the honors from the Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor.
She was awarded the “Most Promising Youngest Dietitian in North India”, 2016 at the International Healthcare Awards, New Delhi. The award was presented by cricketer Virender Sehwag.
She bagged the ‘Best Dietitian in Tricity’ Award title at the Global Lifestyle Awards 2015. The award was bestowed by the Member of Parliament, Abhishek Singhvi and Late Amar Singh at the Global Lifestyle Awards 2015.
- She is noted as one of the leading and youngest dietitians in India.
- Her unique yet simple presentation of videos on social media always have a personal and ‘desi’ touch, which allows her to deeply connect and engage with people’s lives and deliver the message effectively.
- Kaur appeared on the cover of a lifestyle magazine – Urban Mélange in March 2020’s women special edition.
- Punjabi’s across the world love her diet and nutrition advice.
- She likes to eat desi Indian food and a ton of raw veggies.
- She is addicted to Yoga, and follows a well organised diet routine.
- She used to be an introvert in school.
- At college, she fell short by 1% to win a gold medal in her M.Sc, and scored second position.
- She has acrophobia (fear of heights).
- She is known to work with her clients like a family member, and many aged women have expressed that they felt like talking to their daughter.
- She has been proactive in spreading nutrition education in schools whenever she gets a chance.
- She actively supports the CANQC (Campaign Against Nutrition Quacks and Courses) to make people aware of fake and self-proclaimed dietitians.
- In one of the interviews she said that she loves to be in her pajamas, and hates dressing up and doing make-up.
- She is always seen trying hard to connect people with real food and avoid fad diets.