Rohit Shekhar Tiwari was a politician and son of the veteran politician, Late N. D. Tiwari. He became famous after he filed a paternity suit against N. D. Tiwari claiming himself as his biological son.
Rohit Shekhar Tiwari was born as ‘Rohit Shekhar Sharma’ in the year 1979 (age 39 years; at the time of death) in Delhi.
Height: 5′ 10″
Weight: 75 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
His step-father’s name is B. L. Sharma. He has a step-brother named Siddharth. His maternal grandfather’s name is Sher Singh. His nanny’s name is Jozie. He got married to Apoorva Shukla (maiden name), an advocate.
N. D. Tiwari Vs. Rohit Shekhar Tiwari
Ujjawala Tiwari was in a relationship with the N. D. Tiwari since the late 1960s. At that time, her relationship with her former husband Bipin was in bad terms, and Tiwari was already married to his wife Sushila Tiwari (died in 1991). Ujjwala got pregnant with Tiwari’s child in the late 1970s. The child was Rohit Shekhar.
Both mother and son tried to contact Tiwari but were stopped from meeting him. After his last efforts of reaching his father failed, he decided to file a paternity suit against his father Tiwari, in 2007. In 2008, he filed a paternity suit against Tiwari claiming to be his biological son. Almost after six years of fight between father and son, Delhi High Court announced Rohit as Tiwari’s biological son based on the DNA test.
Rohit Shekhar died on 16 April 2019. He was murdered by his wife Apoorva Shukla, who strangulated and smothered him to death.
- Comedian: Kapil Sharma
- Tennis Player: Roger Federer
- In 1995, he and his mother, Ujjwala tried to reach Tiwari but were stopped by Tiwari’s security guard at the gate.
- After he filed the case against his father, Rohit suffered a ‘heart attack’ and ‘cerebral stoke’ that made him paralysed for a year.
- In 2010, Rohit’s legal father, Bipin Sharma decided to give his DNA samples to the court, when Tiwari was opposing to do so. However, she had already separated from Bipin by then. Eventually, after the DNA results were out, it was proved that Bipin Sharma was not the biological father of Rohit.
- On 15 May 2014, Ujjwala and Tiwari got married in a wedding ceremony that took place in Lucknow.
- Apart from his mother, he was raised by his nanny, Jozie.
- He loved music and have received training in Indian classical music from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, New Delhi.
- Though his father was a Congressman, Rohit joined BJP.
- According to the reports, Apoorva and Rohit fought because of the issue related to Rohit’s woman friend and property matters. The fight got physical that led Apoorva to strangle him to death in a fit of rage.