Bansuri Swaraj is an Indian lawyer. She is the daughter of the Indian politician, Sushma Swaraj.
Bansuri Swaraj was born as ‘Bansuri Kaushal’ on Tuesday, 3 January 1984 (age 39 years; as of 2023) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
She did her graduation from Oxford University, England. She attained Barrister at Law degree from Inner Temple, London.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Bansuri Swaraj belongs to the Hindu Brahmin Family. Her father, Swaraj Kaushal is a lawyer and former Governor of Mizoram. Her mother, Sushma Swaraj was a politician.
Bansuri had been practising law since 2007. She mainly handles civil, criminal, commercial, tax and constitutional related cases. She is affiliated with Legasis Partners and also acts as their consultant. She practices in the Delhi High Court and the Supreme Court of India. She has represented many multinational corporations and individuals.
On 24 March 2023, the Bharatiya Janata Party appointed her as co-convener of the legal cell of the Delhi BJP. On making her entry into active politics, Bansuri said,
C-7, Civil Lines
- Dessert: Cake, Chocolate, Candy
- Car: Mercedes-Benz
- Music Instrument: Flute
- Holiday Destination: Paris
Her net worth is around Rs. 9 crores.
- Bansuri Swaraj was born and brought up in Delhi.
- She likes travelling and painting.
- In her spare time, she enjoys painting.
- Bansuri was named after Lord Krishna’s symbolic instrument, i.e., flute, as her mother, Sushma was a devotee of Lord Krishna.
- Like her mother, she is an ardent follower of Lord Krishna.
- In 2012, she was honoured by ‘SIES- Rise with Education.’
- Bansuri got a chance to meet noted American politician ‘Hillary Clinton’ in 2013.
- In 2014, Lalit Modi, in his tweet, mentioned Bansuri along with seven other lawyers; thanking them for helping him out in legal matters.
- On her 30th birthday, she received a unique cake from her friends and relatives.
- She supports the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- In 2015, Bansuri suffered a mild stroke and was admitted to the All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
- On 6 August 2019, Bansuri lost her mother, Sushma Swaraj, who died of cardiac arrest in New Delhi’s AIIMS at 10:50 pm.