Ujjwala Tiwari is Late N. D. Tiwari‘s wife, who came into the spotlight after her son, Rohit filed a paternity suit against Tiwari, claiming himself as Tiwari’s biological son.
Wiki/Biography & Career
Ujjwala Tiwari was born as ‘Ujjwala Singh’ in the year 1953 (age 66 years; as in 2019) in Haryana, India. She is a former Sanskrit lecturer of Daulat Ram College, Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Family, Caste & Husband
Ujjwala was born into an influential Haryanvi family. Her father, Professor Sher Singh was a politician.
Her mother’s name is Prabhat Shobha Pandit. She got married to Bipin Sharma, and the couple has a son named Siddharth. They both got divorced in 2006. Ujjwala got married for the second time to N. D. Tiwari on 15 May 2014. The couple has a son named Rohit Shekhar Singh Tiwari.
Ujjwala Tiwari got married at the age of 17 to Bipin Sharma. However, Ujjwala and Bipin decided to get separated when Ujjawala was pregnant with their son, Siddarth. Reportedly, it was their collective decision. She met N. D. Tiwari in 1968 at her father’s house on 3, Krishna Menon Marg. They both started seeing each other in 1977. She got pregnant with Tiwari’s son in the late 1970s.
She once created a ruckus at Tiwari’s official residence in Lucknow. According to Ujjwala, she was stopped from meeting N. D. Tiwari at the gate by his OSD (Officer on Special Duty). She sat on strike after the incident and claimed that its OSD’s conspiracy to not let her meet N. D. Tiwari.
- Her father, Professor Sher Singh was the Vice Minister during Partap Singh Kairon’s government in Punjab and was the Union Minister in ‘Ministry of Education and Defence Production’ from 1967 to 1980.
- She met N. D. Tiwari, at her father’s house, when he was the President of the Indian Youth Congress.
- She and N. D. Tiwari came in a relationship when her relationship with her husband was in bad terms, and Tiwari was already married to Late Sushila Tiwari, his first wife.
- In 1995, she, along with her son Rohit Shekhar, tried to approach Tiwari but were stopped by Tiwari’s security guards.
- In 2008, Rohit filed a paternity suit against N. D. Tiwari, claiming himself as the Tiwari’s biological son.
- In 2014, the Delhi High Court announced Rohit Shekhar as the biological Son of N. D. Tiwari based on the DNA test.
- In 2010, Rohit’s legal father, Bipin Sharma decided to give his DNA samples to the court, when Tiwari was opposing to do so. However, she had already been divorced from Bipin by then. Eventually, after the DNA results were out, it was proved that Bipin Sharma was not the biological father of Rohit.
- Ujjwala and Tiwari got married to each other on 15 May 2014, in a ceremony that took place in Lucknow.
- She has an interest in music and likes to sing.
- She is suffering from asthma.
- Her son, Rohit Shekhar, died on 16 April 2019. It was found out that he was murdered by his wife Apoorva, who smothered and strangulated him due to fit of rage because of her differences with Rohit because to his woman friend and property matters.