Kiran Rathod is an Indian actress and former model, who mainly works in Tamil films. In 2023, she participated in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss Telugu Season 7,’ which aired on Star Maa and streamed on Disney+ Hotstar.
She pursued a Bachelor of Arts at Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Hair Colour: Golden Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Mohan Singh Rathod, and her mother’s name is Anita Rathod. She has a younger brother.
Husband & Children
The Indian actress Raveena Tandon and actor Amjad Khan, are her cousins.
In an interview, she shared that she was once in a serious relationship, and at that time, she even compromised with her work. However, her relationship did not go well, and she broke up with her boyfriend. YouTube – Behindwoods TV
Modelling & Music Videos
She started her career as a model and has appeared in various print advertisements and photoshoots.
She has promoted the Fairplay game app on her Instagram account.
While she was working as a model, she received offers to feature in various Hindi and Punjabi music videos. Some of the music videos in which she has been featured include “Jawani” (2011; Hindi) by Chandana Dixit, “Mohabbat Ho Gayee” (2011; Hindi) by Roop Kumar Rathod & Sonali Rathod and “Munda Tu Hai Punjabi Sona” (2012; Punjabi) by Jaspinder Narula.
In 2001, she made her Bollywood debut with the film ‘Yaadein’ in which she played the role of Monishka Rai.
She has appeared in a few other Hindi films like ‘Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani’ (2002), ‘Souten: The Other Woman’ (2006), ‘Saawan… The Love Season’ (2006), ‘Be Careful’ (2011), and ‘Ata Pata Laapata’ (2012).
She made her Telugu film debut with ‘Nuvvu Leka Nenu Lenu’ (2002) in which she played the role of Anjali.
Some of her other Telugu films are ‘Sreeram’ (2002), ‘Naani’ (2004), ‘Cheppave Chirugali’ (2004), ‘High School’ (2010), and ‘Kevvu Keka’ (2013).
She made her Tamil film debut in 2002 with the film ‘Gemini’ in which she played the role of Manisha.
She has appeared in various Tamil films like ‘Villain’ (2002), ‘Arasu’ (2003), ‘Thirumalai’ (2003), ‘Aambala’ (2015), and ‘Ilamai Oonjal’ (2016).
In 2007, she made her Kannada film debut with ‘Kshana Kshana’ as Maya.
Some of her other Kannada films are ‘Gun’ (2011) and ‘Maanikya’ (2014).
She has also worked as a dubbing artist in various films like ‘Thandavam’ (2002; Malayalam to Tamil), ‘Diwan’ (2003; Tamil to Telugu), ‘Parasuram’ (2003; Tamil to Telugu), and ‘Thennavan’ (2003; Tamil to Telugu).
She participated in the Star Maa TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss Telugu Season 7’ in 2023. On 10 September 2023, she was evicted from the show, becoming the first contestant to be voted off.
In 1996, she worked as an assistant director for the Hindi film ‘Bal Bramhachari.’ Kiran has appeared in various films’ songs like “Pedavullo Pepsicola” from the Telugu film ‘Sreeram’ (2002), “Aalaana Dehgam Engum” from the Tamil film ‘Arasu’ (2003), “Vaadiyamma Jakkamma” from the Tamil film ‘Thirumalai’ (2003), and “Pantara Panta” from the Kannada film ‘Maanikya’ (2014).
- 2003: Cinema Express Award for Best New Face Actress for the Tamil film Gemini
Left Forearm- Peacock feather with a flute
- In one of her Instagram posts, she shared that initially she was named Kira by her mother. However, after making her debut in the South Indian films, she added N to her name and changed her name from Kira to Kiran. Instagram – Kiran Rathod
- She is an avid dog lover and owns four pet dogs named Barfi, Shehzada, Teja, and Chutki.
- She is a spiritual person and often visits various religious places.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol at parties and her home.
- Kiran Rathod follows a non-vegetarian diet and loves to eat Hyderabadi Biryani. Instagram – Kiran Rathod
- In her leisure time, she loves to travel to different places.
- She follows a regular yoga and meditation routine.
- Reportedly, in 2019, she got an offer to participate in the Colors reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss Season 13.’ However, she could not accept the offer. News Nation TV
- In her Instagram post, she shared that in 2022, she lost around 20 kg of body weight.
- In 2023, she was featured on the cover of Perfect Women magazine.
- She is trained in kickboxing and martial arts.
- On her Instagram account, she once uploaded a bold photo of her sitting in the bathroom and smoking a cigarette. She received criticism for her photo from the netizens. She is often trolled by netizens for sharing such pictures on her Instagram account.