Priyanka Nair is an Indian actress who predominantly appears in Malayalam films. She made her debut in the Tamil film ‘Veyil’ released in 2006.
Priyanka Nair was born on Sunday, 30 June 1985 (age 37 years; as of 2022) in Vamanapuram, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. She pursued a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics at the Mar Ivanios College, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Hair Colour: Black (dyed brown)
Eye Colour: Black
Priyanka Nair belongs to a Malayali family in Vamanapuram, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Muraleedharan Nair, and Priyanka’s mother, Ponnamma Muraleedharan, is a homemaker. Priyanka has a sister, Priyada Nair.
Husband & Children
In 2012, Priyanka got married to Tamil director-turned-actor Lawrence Ram in a traditional Hindu wedding ceremony at the Attukal Bhagavathy Temple in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The Times of India However, their marriage did not last long, with Priyanka filing for divorce in 2015, and later, they were separated. In an interview, she revealed the real cause behind her split from her former husband was that he had circulated her obscene photographs through social media and had barred her from acting. Malayala Manorama Her son, Mukund Ram, is fondly called ‘Appu’ by their family members. Lawrence Ram had filed a case seeking the custody of his son following the couple’s decision to separate, but Priyanka won the custody battle of her son, and Mukund lives with her.
She made her debut with Vasanthabalan’s Tamil film, Veyil, released in 2006. Priyanka’s first Malayalam movie was Suresh Gopi starrer Kichamani MBA, released in 2007. In 2008, she made her Kannada debut in Zindagi, her only film in the Kannada film industry. In 2012, Priyanka took a break from the film industry after her marriage; she returned to the Malayalam film industry with Pottas Bomb (2013).
In 2006, Priyanka was cast as one of the lead heroines of Vasanthabalan’s, Veyil; she played the role of ‘Thangam’ in the movie. The film received positive reviews and was a success at the box office. Veyil was screened under the ‘Tous Les Cinemas Du Monde’ section at the 2007 Cannes International Film Festival; it was the first Tamil-language film to be screened at the Cannes. Priyanka appeared in other Tamil movies, including Tholaipesi (2007), Sengathu Bhoomiyilae (2012), and Utraan (2020).
Priyanka made her debut in the Malayalam film industry with Samad Mankada’s directorial Kichamani MBA, released in 2007; she was cast in a supporting role. Her performance as ‘Zahira’ in T. V. Chandran’s, Vilapangalkkappuram (2008) was widely appreciated; she received positive reviews for her role and secured her first award; Priyanka was cast in the Suresh Gopi starrer Bhoomi Malayalam (2009). In 2021, she played the role of Meera, a woman dealing with schizophrenia, in Abilash Purushothaman’s bilingual drama, ‘Aa Mukham.’ The film was released in Malayalam and Tamil languages; Priyanka was the only actor who appeared throughout the film. Malayala Manorama Aa Mukham became the second feature film in Kerala with a single-woman character. She has appeared in many films, including; Samastha Keralam PO (2009), Ividam Swargamanu (2009), Pottas Bomb (2013), Jalam (2016), Home (2021), The 12th Man (2022), Varal(2022) and Kaduva (2022).
Priyanka Nair acted in a few television serials during her college days; she was a part-time serial actress as she had to manage her studies. In an interview, she revealed that, even though she acted in several serials during her college days, she was not serious about acting and had not considered acting as a career plan, she wanted to be a lecturer. Priyanka played the role of Vinduja in ‘Oomakkuyil’ (2003), and she was cast as the ghost in ‘Akashadoothu.’ (2003). The Hindu The Hindu
Priyanka was cast in the Tamil horror-thriller web series, ‘Live Telecast,’ with Kajal Aggarwal playing the lead role. Live Telecast premiered on Disney+ Hotstar on 12 February 2021.
- 2008: Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress – Vilapangalkkappuram
- 2008: Asianet Film Award for Second Best Actress – Vilapangalkkappuram
- 2019: South Indian Cinema and Television Academy Award for Best Actress – The Better Half
- 2022: Kerala Film Critics Award – Special Jury (Best Actress) – Aa Mukham
- Hobbies: Reading and travelling
- Places: Kovalam, Poovar and Varkala
- Priyanka is an ardent lover of adventure travel. In an interview, she opened up about how most of her travels are often spontaneous and her love for hiking and trekking. She has been to Agastyaarkoodam and Varayadu Motta in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, and wanted to visit the Himalayas. filmibeat Malayala Manorama
- She is a Thalassophile, and Kovalam in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, is one of her favourite places.
- In an interview, she revealed that she was inspired by veteran actresses such as Urvasi (Kavitha Ranjini), Shabana Azmi, Revathi, and Radhika Sarath Kumar; Priyanka opened up on her ambition to leave a legacy as her favourite actresses did.