Shweta Menon is a well-known Indian actress and TV presenter. She is popularly known for her role of Cheeru in Malayalam film Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha (2009). She now entered the Bigg Boss Malayalam house to gain more popularity. Check out Shweta Menon Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
She was born on 23 April 1974 in Chandigarh, India but she grew up in several different places like Kerala, Pathankot, Pune, and Allahabad because her father was in an Indian Air Force. Her hometown is Valanchery, Malappuram district, Kerala, India. She took interest in acting and modelling since childhood. She achieved huge success in her acting career and is now the part of the controversial reality show Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 1, hosted by Mohanlal.
She is a beautiful and talented Indian girl who is approximately 5′ 7” tall and weighs around 60 kg. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She belonged to a middle-class Hindu family and was born to Malayali parents. Her father T. V. Narayanankutti was a flight lieutenant in Air Force and her mother Sarada Menon is a homemaker. Anoop Menon, the famous Malayalam actor, is her cousin.
In 2004, Shweta married to actor and writer, Bobby Bhonsle but the marriage didn’t go long, and the duo got divorced in 2007. She then married to a journalist Sreevalsan Menon on 18 June 2011, and the couple has a daughter Sabaina Menon who was born in 2012.
She did her schooling from different schools due to her father’s regular transfer, one of them is Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, East Hill, Kozhikode, Kerala. In 1991, she made her acting debut with the Malayalam film Anaswaram, in which she played the role of Catherine. During that period, she participated in many beauty pageant contests and was crowned as Miss Bangalore.
In 1994, Shweta participated in the Miss India beauty pageant, in which she was declared as the second runner-up, Aishwarya Rai first runner-up, and Sushmita Sen won the title. In the same year, she became the first Gladrags Female Super Model. After that, she got lots of opportunities to walk with the famous models. She even directed so many shows with them.
She took part in several reality TV shows like Dancing Queen (2008), Deal Or No Deal (2010, along with her father), and Star Challenge (2015).
Shweta also works as a host and hosted various Malayalam TV shows like Star Wars (2007), Honeymoon Travels (2009), and Veruthe Alla Bharya Season 1, 2, and 3 (2011-2012, 2012, and 2015). Apart from all that, she judged several Malayalam reality shows like Comedy Stars Season 2 (2015), Katturumbu (2016-2017), Komedy Circus (2017), Tharodayam New Face Hunt (2017), Laughing Villa Season 2 (2017), and Super Jodi (2018).
She received lots of awards during her career like Asian Television Award in 2007 for Best Anchor for TV show Star Wars, Kerala State Film Award in 2009 for Best Actress for Malayalam film Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha, Kerala State Film Award in 2011 for Best Actress for Malayalam film Salt N’ Pepper, Asiavision Award in 2013 for Outstanding Performance in Malayalam film Kalimannu (2013), etc.
In 2018, she participated in the controversial reality TV show Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 1. Among all the contestants, Shweta is the highest paid actress and she gets paid ₹1 Lakh per day to be in the Bigg Boss Malayalam house.
- In 2004, a complaint was registered against Shweta alleging that she insulted the National flag. She walked the ramp by wrapping her in the National flag during a fashion show, organized by the National Institute of Fashion Design.
- In 2011, she filed a complaint against the Kunnath Pharmaceuticals’s director K. C. Abraham for misusing her photographs to promote their Ayurvedic aphrodisiac Musli Power Extra.
- In 2012, Kerala Legislative Assembly Speaker G. Karthikeyan criticised her for allowing her delivery to be recorded on camera for the Malayalam film Kalimannu. Kerala Film Exhibitors’ Federation was also against this act and said that they would boycott the film if the film director Blessy includes the delivery scene in the film.
- In 2013, she filed an FIR against N. Peethambara Kurup alleging that he had molested her during the President’s Trophy Boat Race. However, Shweta withdrew the complaint later after he made the apology to her.
- Shweta is the first TV anchor of Malayalam industry that hosts reality shows.
- She loves travelling and dancing.
- Shweta is a non-vegetarian.
- She also loves to eat Indian dishes and sweets like Paratha, Biryani, Appam, Dosa, Jalebi, and Gulab Jamun.