Honey Rose is an Indian actor, who has worked in several Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam films. In 2023, she acted in Veera Simha Reddy, a Telugu action drama film, which became one of the highest-grossing films in South India.
Honey Rose Varghese was born on Thursday, 5 September 1991 (age 31 years; as of 2022) in Moolamattom, Idukki District, Kerala, India. The Hindu Her zodiac sign is Virgo. After completing her schooling at the Sacred Heart English Medium (SHEM) Higher Secondary School in Moolamattom, Kerala, she enrolled at the St. Xavier’s College for Women in Aluva, Kerala, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in arts in Communicative English. The Times of India
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-28-36
Honey Rose was born into a Syro-Malabar Catholic family in Kerala.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Thomas Varghese. Her mother’s name is Rose Varghese. She is the only child of her parents.
Husband & Children
As of February 2023, Honey Rose is unmarried.
Honey Rose follows Christianity. The Times of India
Honey Rose made her acting debut in 2005 with the film Boyy Friennd in which she played the role of a character named Julie.
She played the role of a character named Meera Nambiar in the 2008 crime thriller film Sound of Boot. In 2011, she landed the role of Sreelakshmi in the film Uppukandam Brothers: Back in Action. In 2013, she acted in several Malayalam films including Hotel California, Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus, and Thank You. In 2015, she played the role of a doctor named Arathi Bhattathiripadu in the film My God.
In the 2018 film Chalakkudykkaran Changathy, Honey Rose played the role of Kavitha. She played the role of a character named Jessy Pothen in the 2019 film Ittymaani: Made in China. She received an award for the film. In 2022, she acted along with the famous South Indian actor Mohanlal in the film Monster.
Honey Rose played the titular role in the 2009 film Ajantha. In 2010, she landed a role in the film Nanjangud Nanjunda.
Honey Rose made her debut in the Tamil film industry with the 2007 film Mudhal Kanave in which she played the role of a character named Jennifer.
In 2011, she landed the role of Gayatri in the film Singam Puli. In the same year, she played the role of Amudha in the film Mallukattu. She played the role of Meena in the 2014 film Kantharvan. In the 2022 film Pattaampoochi, Honey Rose played the role of a journalist named Vijayalakshmi.
In 2008, Honey Rose played the role of a character named Navya in the film Aalayam. She landed a role in the 2014 film Ee Varasham Sakshiga. She played the role of Meenakshi Veera Simha Reddy in the 2023 action drama film Veera Simha Reddy.
She appeared as a judge in a comedy show titled Comedy Festival. In 2017, she appeared as a mentor in the Malayalam comedy show titled Thakarppan Comedy. In 2022, she participated in a Malayalam infotainment program titled Flowers Oru Kodi.
- Honey Rose received the Rashtradeepika best actress award in 2015.
- In September 2019, she won the Aabasoft Award for the film Ittymaani: Made in China.
- Honey Rose was awarded the Bharatham Award in February 2020.
- Food: Kappa, Fish curry
- Cuisine: Naadan
- Honey Rose owns a Toyota Innova.
- Honey Rose has a tattoo of a rose with magic written on its stem on the back of her left shoulder.
- In 2017, it was reported that Honey Rose charged Rs 8 lakhs per film. onlookersmedia
- Honey Rose occasionally consumes alcoholic beverages.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet. The Times of India
- Honey Rose passionately follows her hobbies of dancing, cooking, and stitching. In an interview, she said that she learnt Bharatanatyam for a few years. Talking about it, in an interview, she said,
I am not a professional dancer but I have learnt Bharatanatyam. I would recommend dance to everyone as it makes the body a lot flexible and keeps you energised. Of course, it is never the same as acting, but still, it helps you get the nuances right, like the eye movements.”
- In an interview, Honey Rose said that after completing her schooling, she enrolled at a fashion designing institute in Ooty, Tamil Nadu. She, however, left the institute as it was very strict and did not allow students to carry mobile phones; moreover, when her parents were about to leave after dropping her off in Ooty, Honey and her parents began to cry. Talking about it, she said,
Being a very private person, it has come to such an extreme that I cannot live away from home for long these days. Once I joined a fashion designing course in Ooty, but when it was time for my parents to leave after dropping me off, all of us starting crying. Also, the institute was way too strict in their ways, not allowing mobile phones even. I returned back to hime the same day!”
|↑1, ↑4||The Hindu|
|↑2, ↑3, ↑6||The Times of India|