Damini Bhatla is an Indian singer, songwriter, actor, and entrepreneur who is known for lending her voice to various popular songs. She became viral in 2023 after she appeared in Bigg Boss Telugu Season 7.
Damini Bhatla Ch was born on Monday, 17 October 1994 (age 29 years; as of 2023) in Tadepalligudem in the West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, India. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
In 2004, her family shifted to Hyderabad where she started practising singing. She did her schooling at Little Flower Junior College, Hyderabad. Facebook – Damini Bhatla She pursued a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in music at Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad, completing it in July 2018. LinkedIn – Damini Bhatla
She trained in Indian Carnatic music at Bhairavi Sangeet Academy under the trainer Vyzarsu Balasubrahmanyam. She later trained under Ramachary Komanduri. She trained in Western music vocals under Joe Koster.
Height (approx.): 5′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-30-36
She belongs to a middle-class family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Chandra Bhatla, and her mother’s name is Sri Jhansi Krishna. She has an elder sister named Mounima Bhatla who is also a singer.
Husband & Children
She is unmarried and does not have any children.
She is single.
She follows Hinduism.
She started participating in reality singing shows during her childhood including Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs (Telugu) in 2008 and won the Padutha Theeyaga show in 2011. She later started performing at various shows and concerts including religious congregations and award shows.
She also formed a music band Classically Mild in 2015 and performed at various shows. In April 2018, she took part in the Berklee India Exchange Bootcamp.
She has sung in various films including the Malayalam film London Bridge in 2014 and the Telugu film Baahubali: The Beginning in 2015; she became famous after recording the hit song Pacha Bottasi for which she also won many awards. She was spotted at a local singing show by the renowned music composer M. M. Keeravani, who invited her to audition at Prasad Labs, Hyderabad.
In 2022, she sang a hit song titled Blast Baby in the film The Godfather.
Independent Singer & Songwriter
She later became an independent singer and sang in the Indie pop/Indian Indie genre. In July 2020, she released her first album as a singer and songwriter titled First Things First which had 3 songs named Sweet Nothings, Solitude Tales, and Fly High. She later released many songs including Twilight/Raathire in 2022 and Love wasn’t Enough in 2023.
She made her television debut as a contestant in season 7 of Bigg Boss Telugu in 2023 which airs on the Star Maa channel.
— Damini Bhatla (@DaminiBhatlaCH) September 4, 2023
In February 2021, she started a fashion brand named Murch Better which partners with independent artists and sells designer clothing and accessories; she is fond of pottery and sells mugs and accessories through her brand. Murch Better
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Felicitated by North America Telugu Society (NATS) in 2013
- Honoured by Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams in 2014
- KalaSagar SP Balu Prothsahaka Sangeetha Puraskaram on 16 December 2015
- Best Female Singer Of The Year at the Apsara Awards in 2016
- Best Duet Song Award at GAMA Awards in 2016
- The album ‘First Things First’ featured on Spotify India’s Women of Indie India in 2020
She owns a Renault Kwid and a Tata Tigor.
- She revealed in an interview that her favourite music directors are Ilaiyaraaja and A.R. Rahman.
- She likes travelling to different cities worldwide during her free time.
- Damini likes to support different social campaigns. She donated Rs25000 for the relief after the 2018 Kerala floods. She also supported the Rally For Rivers campaign of Sadhguru.
- She was given a standing ovation by the judges of the musical reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa during the qualification round in 2018; however, she had to go to the USA for personal work and did not participate in the show.
- She has been associated with many management firms including Arka Mediaworks P Ltd. from February 2014 to July 2016, Meta from July 2022 to September 2022, and Mango Mass Media Pvt Ltd. from November 2022 to March 2023. LinkedIn – Damini Bhatla