V. Jayaprakash is an Indian actor and producer. He is known for appearing in Tamil and Telugu films. He got into the limelight in 2009 for his role as a Chokkalingam (school teacher) in the Tamil movie ‘Pasanga.’
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Wife & Children
Jayaprakash got married to Zenith Jayaprakash on 26 September.
He has two sons, Udith Dushyanth Jayaprakash and Niranjan Jayaprakash. Both of them are actors.
Jayaprakash made his acting career with the film Mayakannadi (2007).
He appeared in supporting roles in the Tamil movies like Naadodigal (2009), Naan Mahaan Alla (2010), Yuddham Sei (2011), Mankatha (2011), Moodar Koodam (2013) and Pannaiyarum Padminiyum (2014), Kanchana 2 (2015), Shivalinga (2017), Jai Bhim (2021).
He was also featured in Telugu movies like Sarrainodu (2016), A Aa (2017), Spyder (2017), Jersey (2019), Republic (2021) and many more.
Jayaprakash debuted as a producer with the Tamil film ‘Gopala Gopala’ (1996).
He has also produced many films like Chellamae (2004), April Maadhathil (2002), and Thavasi (2001) under his production house named GJ Cinema.
In 2018, Jayaprakash debuted as a dubbing artist with the film 2.0 Tamil in which he dubbed for the voice of Akshay Kumar.
- In 2010, he won the Jury Award for Best Supporting Actor for the movie ‘Pasanga’ (2009).
- In 2010, he became the winner of Filmfare Award – Tamil Film Industry for Best Supporting Actor for the movie ‘Pasanga’ (2009).
- In 2011, he won the Merit Award for Best Character (Male) for the movie ‘Naan Mahaan Alla’ (2010).
- In 2021, he was nominated for Festival Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Foreign Language Film for the movie ‘Magamuni’ (2019).
- Cuisine: Kerala
- Actor: Samarla Venkata Ranga Rao
- Jayaprakash started his acting career at the age of 45 in 2007. Before becoming an actor, he did different businesses like dairy farming, petrol business, transport, and billiards parlour. The Hindu
- According to Jayaprakash, he did not have much interest in acting. He said that in 2007, the director Cheran of his debut film, Mayakannadi, forced him to try acting. He further added that he was surprised to see his acting in the film.
- Jayaprakash informed that he was fascinated with cars, and he used to clean his car whenever the driver was on leave The Hindu
- In an interview, he talked about the privileges that an actor enjoys. He said,
The best thing about being an actor is the access to so many people, so many young teams, so many creative minds.”
- He said in an interview that he was always offered the role of a father, which made him upset. He also said that he wanted to play the roles which were offered to Nawazuddin Siddiqui. The Hindu
- In an interview, he was asked why he was offered only exclusive roles. He said,
I just asked a director the same question a few days ago. He said Neenga romba sevapa irukirenga (You’re too fair-skinned) to play a ‘local’ role. I told him that I would take the effort to become a few shades darker: after all, there’s a lot of effort that goes into making a dark guy fair.”
- In an interview, he said that he was more interested in acting in a film than producing it. He also said that he went through losses while he worked as a producer. The Times of India In the interview, he said,
Acting is easier; you are pampered throughout. From getting picked up to being fed, film sets are comfortable for an actor. But if you enjoy being challenged, then being a producer is better.”
- The Tamil industry believes that Jayaprakash would be the next Prakash Raj. The Times of India