Anand Narasimhan is an Indian journalist, news anchor and editor. He was the Senior Editor of Times Now and works in CNN News18 as the managing editor and anchor.
Anand Narasimhan received his Bachelor of Commerce degree from the Rāmniranjan Ānandilāl Podār College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai. He did his Master of Business Administration from SIES College of Management Studies and received a Degree in Marketing, Advertising, and Finance. He has further done his Diploma of Mass Communications from St. Xavier College of Mumbai. He started his career as a media planner for GroupM.
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents and siblings.
Wife & Children
Anand Narasimhan is married to Nisha Vishwanath who is the Vice President of iBUS. They have two children together, a son named Sahisht and a daughter named Rudheera.
Anand Narasimhan follows Hinduism.
In 2005, Anand Narasimhan took part in a competition hosted by ESPN Star Sports, named the Closeup Dream Job – Harsha Ki Khoj. Through this competition, ESPN Star Sports and Harsha Bhogle set out to pick out a winner who was a good presenter. Anand Narasimhan won the competition and became the presenter for sports events from the ESPN studio in Singapore. The competition earned him a spot as a presenter for one year. He joined the Times Network in 2009. He worked as an anchor for the Times Now channel’s ‘The Newshour 10’ segment and as senior editor at Times Now until 2018. After he resigned from Times Now, he joined its rival network, CNN-News18 as the deputy executive editor. He is the managing editor, special projects and senior anchor at CNN-News 18. He also writes articles on Indian politics and sports for the News18 website. His prime-time show on the channel is named ‘The Right Stand’.
False Statements Case
The Judicial Magistrate Court in Malappuram sent a letter to Rahul Shivshankar, the editor-in-chief of Times Now, and Anand Narasimhan, previously the show’s anchor, because they made false statements against A. S. Sainaba on their show. According to Ms Sainaba, the statements made on their show negatively affected her image. The show talked about a report from the National Investigation Agency (NIA) that said she was involved in getting Hindu girls to convert to Islam. She says this hurt her reputation because of which she has faced severe backlash. She complained of the show trying to link her to the phrase ‘love-jihad’ which was being used against the Muslim population. Muslim Mirror Rahul Shivshankar and Anand Narasimhan approached the High Court of Kerala and demanded that the proceedings that were pending against them in the Judicial Magistrate Court of Malappuram be dismissed. Live Law
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Anand Narasimhan received the ENBA Award for Best Anchor in English during the ENBA Awards 2021.
- Anand Narasimhan was awarded the Society Achievers Awards 2022 for excellence in Media and Broadcast Journalism in 2022.
Anand Narasimhan owns a Scorpio N.
- While undergoing his formal education, Anand Narasimhan wanted to get a job in advertising. He went on to become an anchor only when his professors steered him towards the path of journalism, and because his mom had the dream of seeing him on prime time.
- Anand Narasimhan is one of the 14 journalists including Arnab Goswami, Sudhir Chaudhary, and Amish Devgan etc. who were boycotted by the I.N.D.I.A bloc (Indian National Developmental Inclusive Alliance).
- Anand Narasimhan is an avid reader and posts the books he is reading on his Instagram account.
- Anand Narasimhan is active on his Twitter account (now known as X) where he has 84.2k followers as of 2023.
- Anand Narasimhan is focused on his health and exercises in a gym regularly. He also enjoys cycling.