Suzanne Bernert is a German actress, who is based in India. She primarily works in Hindi films and TV shows. In 2015, she gained recognition after she portrayed the character of Queen Helena in Colors TV’s popular historical series ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat.’
Suzanne Bernert was born on Sunday, 26 September 1982 (age 46 years; as of 2023) in Detmold, Germany. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She developed a passion for acting when she was young, and she often took part in puppet theatre and school events. When she was 19, Suzanne enrolled in a three-year acting program led by Heidelotte Diehl in Berlin, Germany. While living in Berlin, she also did a course created by American producer and acting coach Susan Batson.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-28-34
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Michael Bernert, and her mother’s name is Monika Bernert, who is a jewellery designer.
She has a brother named Philippe Bernert, who is an EDA System Administrator at Sick AG.
Husband & Children
She got married to a man who worked in the hospitality industry. Later, on 3 February 2009, Suzanne Bernert got married to Akhil Mishra, an Indian actor and director, in a court. On 30 September 2011, she got remarried to her husband Akhil according to Hindu rituals. She does not have any children. On 21 September 2023, he died at the age of 67 after falling in his Kitchen at home in Mumbai. The Indian Express
In 2004, she made her acting debut with the Hindi film ‘Stop!’ in which she played the role of Susan.
One of the notable characters played by her is Sonia Gandhi in the 2019 political film ‘The Accidental Prime Minister.’ In the same year, she acted with her husband Akhil Mishra in a short film titled ‘Majnu ki Juliet,’ which was also written and directed by Akhil Mishra.
In 2009, she made her Marathi film debut as Rebecca in the comedy film ‘Gallit Gondhal, Dillit Mujra.’ In 2012, she appeared as Suzanne William in the film ‘Dusarya Jagatli – from Another World.’
In 2011, she appeared as Julia Campbell in her debut Bengali film ‘Iti Mrinalini.’ She was cast to play the role of Jennifer in the family drama film ‘Ramdhanu – The Rainbow.’
In 2022, she played the role of Miss Aubert in her first Malayalam film ‘Theerppu.’
In 2005, she was offered the role of Catherine in her debut TV show ‘Astitva…Ek Prem Kahani’ aired on Zee TV.
She then moved to Mumbai, India, in 2005 to pursue her acting career. From 2006 to 2008, she played the role of Doris Bajaj in Star Plus’ popular TV series ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay.’ She has worked in many Hindi TV series including Zee TV’s Jhansi Ki Rani (2009), Star Plus’ Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai (2013), Star Plus’ Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (2016). and Sony Entertainment Television’s ‘Porus’ (2018).
In 2011, she appeared as herself in Colors Marathi’s dance reality TV show ‘Dholkichya Talavar.’ She is the first foreign actress to have participated in the show and reached the semi-finals.
She played the role of Miss Hertford in the 2012 TV series ‘Unch Majha Zoka,’ which aired on Zee Marathi.
In 2019, she appeared on the German talk show ‘Brisant.’
In 2020, she appeared as Yocheved Orpaz in ZEE5’s Hindi thriller web series ‘State of Siege: 26/11.’
She was featured in a cameo role as Michelle, owner of Spellnotion, in season 2 of JioCinema’s Hindi psychological thriller web series ‘Asur.’
- 2014: Maharashtrian Kalabushan Award for her contribution to Marathi Culture
- 2018: Rajasthan International Film Festival (RIFF) Award for her ‘Outstanding Contribution to Indian Cinema and Television’
- 2019: Women’s Achiever Award
- Food: Dhansak, Khichdi, Pani Puri
- Colour(s): Blue, White
- Suzanne Bernert is fluent in multiple languages including French, Italian, English, German, Spanish, Hindi, Marathi and Bengali.
- She had an age gap of 17 years with her late husband Akhil Mishra.
- According to Suzanne Bernert, her husband, Akhil Mishra, took a break from his acting career to help her learn Hindi and perform better in Hindi films.
- In 2010, she appeared with Aamir Khan in an advertisement for Titan watch.
- Suzanne Bernert and Akhil Mishra together managed a theatre group called ‘Vijeta.’
- She has been associated with a social service organization based in India called Sulabh International.
- In 2017, Suzanne, along with Bollywood actor Govinda, joined the Narmada Seva Yatra, which is a government campaign in Madhya Pradesh.
- She is trained in classical ballet dance form.
- In an interview, she said that she never travels by air without earplugs.
- She loves to drink coffee even though she often suffers from low blood pressure. Instagram – Suzanne Bernert
- In 2020, she was featured on the cover of Paddle magazine.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol in public.