Susan Humphreys is a former French model, fashion designer, and entrepreneur. She is the second wife of the Indian actor Kabir Bedi.
Susan Humphreys who changed her name legally to Ixchel Leigh Instagram – Ixchel Leigh was born on Tuesday, 26 December 1950 (age 72 years; as of 2022) in Covina, California, US. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
She did her schooling at Northview High School, Covina, CA. From 1973 to 1975, she studied fashion designing, merchandising, and marketing at the University of California, US. From 1971 to 2018, she did certification and initiations in aromatherapy, herbology, and ancient medicinal practices. LinkedIn – Ixchel Leigh
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Parents & Siblings
She has three sisters named Catheryn Bachman, Joni Humphreys Stallings, and Cara Laine.
Husband & Children
In 1980, she got married to the Indian actor Kabir Bedi. A year later, the couple had a son named Adam Bedi, who works as a model and actor.
In 1980, the couple got separated, and in 1990, the couple got divorced. Susan then got married to an American speaker and author David Rasch.
In June 1969, he started working as a Haute Couture Model at Pierre Cardin Ltd. in Paris and Los Angeles. There, she worked as a fashion designer and runway model.
In 1986, she started working as a perfumer at ArtisanParfums in Ojai, California. From 1988 to 1989, she worked as a marketing director and teacher at Aroma Vera in Los Angeles, California. In April 1989, she started aromatherapy products and services company Essence Aromatherapy in California. She started a wellness product labelled Vibrational Aroma Therapy by Ixchel in June 1992. She has been invited as a guest speaker and educator at various seminars and conferences. Susan has also worked as a complementary therapist. In 2008, she started working as a writer, and she has written books like Soul Masala- The Alchemy of Life, Love and Perfume, Vibrational Aroma Therapy, and The Fragrance Alchemist.
In April 2011, she inaugurated the apothecary & art gallery Ixchel Ecoluxe.
- Susan has volunteered in various fundraising campaigns like donations of Ixchel Leigh Parfumerie products for fundraising events and financial donations at Greenpeace.
- In 2002 and 2006, Vogue Magazine (UK) identified Susan as a leading complementary therapist.
- In 2017, she became a member of the Women’s National Book Association in Los Angeles and California Writers Club.
- One of her favourite quotes is,
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.”
- Susan follows a non-vegetarian diet. Instagram – Ixchel Leigh
- She is fluent in various languages like French, Italian, and Spanish.
- She sells a range of perfumes on her official website Artisan Parfums.
- She is an avid animal lover and owns a pet cat named Fiona.