Supam Maheshwari is an Indian entrepreneur and businessman. He is the Co-Founder and CEO of the company FirstCry.
Supam Maheshwari completed his formal education at Apeejay School and went to Delhi College of Engineering to pursue a B.Tech degree in mechanical engineering in 1991. In 1997, he acquired a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. Supam Maheshwari – LinkedIn After completing his studies, rather than joining any job, Supam Maheshwari chose to become an entrepreneur.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents.
Wife & Children
He is married and lives in Pune, Maharashtra along with his wife and a daughter.
Right after completing his Post-graduation, Supam started working on the e-learning venture Brainvisa Technologies along with co-founder Amitava Saha and launched the company in 2000. In 2007, he sold the company to the US-based company Indecomm Global Services and left the company in 2009. In August 2010, Supam launched FirstCry.com through the parent company BrainBees Solutions Pvt. Ltd which was co-founded by Amitava Saha and Supam Maheshwari.
In 2015, he co-founded the e-commerce logistics company Xpreesbees.com with Amitava Saha.
A probe by the Income Tax Department of India for $50 million tax evasion
As per the sources of Bloomberg, a probe was launched against Supam Maheshwari by the Income Tax Department of India for not paying taxes of amount $50 million on equity transactions done at privately-held FirstCry. Reportedly, at least six investors in FirstCry, including private equity firm ChrysCapital Management Co and Sunil Bharti Mittal’s family office were also called for an enquiry. Apparently, no statement was issued by Supam Maheshwari, but he approached the Income Tax Department of India to sort out this probe. Business Today
Supam Maheshwari’s estimated net worth for the year 2023 was $190 million.
- Supam Maheshwari got the inspiration to build a company of baby products when he experienced the shortage of good quality products in the Indian market as a first-time parent. He started Brainbees.com, which later turned out to be FirstCry.
- In 2013, FirstCry received the Most Popular Online Site award at the Child Awards held in Delhi.
- In 2021, 10.48% of the shares of FirstCry were held by Mahindra Retails and 3.11% were held by Mahindra Engineering and Chemical Products.
- BabyHug and CuteWalk are the private labels introduced by FirstCry to sell kids’ clothes and footwear.
- Brainvisa Technologies was sold for $25 million to Indecomm Global Services.
- He is a keen reader and a squash player.