Aman Gupta is an Indian entrepreneur who found the Indian electronic brand boAt. He is the co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of the company.
Aman Gupta was born on Thursday, 4 March 1982 (age 40 years; as of 2022) in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He completed his schooling at Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram, New Delhi. Later, he attended Shaheed Bhagat Singh College (M) from 1998 to 2001 to study Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) He pursued Chartered Accountant, Accounting and Finance at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India from 1999 to 2002. He took admission to the Indian School of Business to study M.B.A. in Finance and Strategy from 2010 to 2011. Later, he studied M.B.A. in General Management and Marketing under the student exchange program at Northwestern University – Kellogg School of Management in 2011. Aman Gupta- Linkedin
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Aman’s father’s name is Neeraj Gupta who worked as a director at Advanced Telemedia Pvt. Ltd.
Aman’s mother’s name is Jyoti Kochar Gupta.
His brother’s name is Anmol Gupta, and his sister’s name is Neha Gupta.
Wife & Children
Aman is married to Priya Dagar and has two daughters, Adaa Gupta and Miraya.
Co-founder of boAt
Aman started his career in Citibank as an assistant manager in 2003. In 2005, he found the company Advanced Telemedia Pvt Ltd. along with his father. In 2011, he joined KPMG International Limited as a Senior Management Consultant (Strategy Services Group). In 2012, he started working as a Director in Sales at HARMAN International. In 2014, he found the company, Imagine Marketing India. In 2020, he worked as the Chairman D2C Council as a freelancer in the company Internet and Mobile Association of India. In 2016, he became the co-founder of the electronic company
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- In 2019, he won the Businessworld Young Entrepreneur Award.
- In 2020, he was the winner of Super 30 CMO’s.
- In 2020, he won the Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- In 2020, he was on the list of 40 under 40 Achievers by Businessworld.
- In 2021, he won the Lokmat Most Stylish Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Aman’s company boAt is an Indian electronics brand. It sells earphones, headphones, travel chargers, and premium rugged cables. boAt discharges its business operations in India in collaboration with Imagine Marketing India.
- He partnered with Sameer Mehta to start boAt. In an interview, he revealed that when they started the company, he and his partner used to work in a cafe, Social, in New Delhi. He also added that before they emerged in the market, there were already 200 brands in India that made earwear. Their company produced an Apple charging cable and charger as their first product that became the largest seller on Amazon.
- In an interview, he revealed that they kept in mind the demands of the youngsters while they were making the product. He added,
We talk to consumers in a language they understand. Millennials are very impatient, and if we don’t evolve with them, then we are dead.”
- In an interview, he said that he faced a lot of rejections in his life. He further added that initially, a digital agency demanded Rs. 50,000 a month to work with them, and he could not afford the amount, so he learned digital marketing himself and did social media marketing for his company on his own.
- The brand ambassador of boAt includes Jacqueline Fernandez, KL Rahul, and Hardik Pandya.
- In 2021, he appeared as a judge on the show ‘Shark Tank India.’ The show was based on the concept of the American show ‘Shark Tank.’ In the Indian version of the show, some entrepreneurs presented their start-up ideas and impressed the judges to invest in their start-up. In an interview, he said that when he started his company, he used to watch many episodes of the American show Shark Tank.
- In 2021, he collaborated with Punjabi singer AP Dhillon for his brand promotion. In an interview, he said,
As a youth-centric, millennial-focused brand, we know that stars keep changing for young people, and that’s why they like Dhillon. I was surprised to learn that all his shows were sold out, even in Hyderabad and Goa.”
- In 2021, he carried out a campaign titled ‘What Floats Your Boat’ that featured actors Kartik Aaryan and Kiara Advani.
- In 2021, he appeared on the show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ with other judges of the show ‘Shark Tank India.’
- He is often featured in various newspapers.
- He likes to drink alcohol on various occasions.