Saurabh Mukherjea is a famous Indian business author and the founder and Chief Investment Officer of Marcellus Investment Managers, an asset management firm incorporated in 2018.
Saurabh Mukherjea was born in 1976 (age 44 years; as of 2020) in India. He has an ancestral home in Kolkata, West Bengal. At the age of fourteen, he shifted to England with his family and completed his formal education there. Saurabh did his schooling at the St. Columba’s School in London. He did his graduation from the London School of Economics and Political Science where he earned a BSc in Economics (with First Class Honours) and an MSc in Economics (with distinction in Macro & Microeconomics). He is also a CFA Charterholder. LinkedIn
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Saurabh Mukherjea was born into a Bengali family. His wife’s name is Sarbani Mukherjea. He has two kids, Jeet Mukherjea and Malini Mukherjea.
In the Corporate Sector
Saurabh started his corporate career as a senior consultant in London Economics, where he worked from 1998 to 2000. He then worked as a consultant at the Accenture Strategy Practice for the next three years. While he was in London, Saurabh co-founded Clear Capital, an investment centric consultancy firm. He was also the head of Indian Equities at the Noble Group from 2003 to 2010. In 2010, he joined Ambit Capital (Mumbai) as its Chief Executive Officer. Saurabh worked at Ambit Capital for the next seven years before he resigned in 2018. When Saurabh left Ambit in June 2018, consultative assets of the company were estimated at around $800 million. In August 2018, Saurabh founded Marcellus Investment Managers, an asset management company located in Mumbai.
As an Author
Saurabh has authored several bestselling business books including ‘Gurus of Chaos’ (2014), ‘The Unusual Billionaires’ (2016), ‘Coffee Can Investing: The Low Risk Route to Stupendous Wealth’ (2018), and ‘The Victory Project: Six Steps to Peak Potential’ (2020).
Saurabh was fined Rs 1.377 crore by the SEBI for alleged violation of not maintaining the confidentiality of the price-sensitive information of Manappuram Finance. ((The Hindu))
- He has been bestowed upon with the Fellowship of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA).
- In 2017, SEBI invited him to join its Asset Management Advisory Committee. Saurabh was also a member of the Expert Committee commissioned by the SEBI in 2019 to update and upgrade the PMS regulations.
- He does news segment on popular news channels, giving opinions about various stocks.
- Saurabh is held in high regard for his stock market strategies. In the UK, Extel Survey rated him one of the top small-cap analysts in 2007. In India, Asiamoney polls adjudged him as the leading equity strategist in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- He regularly conducts seminars and workshops in colleges across India under the banner of Marcellus Investment Managers, educating students about the financial world.