Kaushik Mukherjee is an Indian entrepreneur and co-founder of the cosmetics company SUGAR Cosmetics. He is the husband of the co-founder of Sugar Cosmetics Vineeta Singh.
Kaushik Mukherjee was born on Friday, 17 June 1983 (age 38 years; as of 2021) in Kolkata, West Bengal. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
He did his schooling at Don Bosco School, Calcutta, from 1988 to 2000. He pursued B.E. (Hons) in Electrical & Electronics from Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Rajasthan, from 2000 to 2004. He did MBA from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Gujarat, from 2006 to 2008. LinkedIn- Kaushik Mukherjee
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Pavan Mukherjee. His mother, Subhra Mukherjee, worked at Sahapur Girl’s High School, Kolkata. He has a sister, Reema Mukherjee.
Wife & Children
On 15 October 2010, he got engaged to his college mate Vineeta Singh, and on 4 December 2011, the couple got married. He has two sons named Vikrant Mukherjee and Ranveer Mukherjee.
In June 2004, he started working as an applications engineer at Oracle Corporation in Hyderabad and worked there for two years. In April 2007, he interned with Goldman Sachs, New York, as an analyst. He founded a business services company BigSLick Infotech/AK Venture Info in Hyderabad, in April 2008. After almost 3 years, he joined McKinsey & Company in Mumbai as an associate and worked there from November 2010 to December 2012. Kaushik co-founded a beauty product supplier FAB BAG in Mumbai in December 2012. In 2015, he co-founded a cosmetic company ‘Sugar Cosmetics’ along with his wife, Vineeta Singh.
- KVS Gold Medal for the Best Graduating All-round student of the Class of 2008 at IIM Ahmedabad
- Winner of ‘Ashwamedha,’ an individual multi-talent assessment event of India’s best business schools at IIM Indore (2008)
- Big Slick selected as top 10 most promising internet companies in 2008
- Big Slick was awarded the ‘Best Startup Business’ at NITIE’s Navkriti event for new ventures in 2009
- Retail Icons of India 2019
- While he was in school, he learned to play the sitar. He also participated in the school CAB under-16 cricket and 100m relay team.
- During his college days, he served as a chief coordinator for BITS Alumni Association vs ISB Soccer match.
- As a student of BITS, Pilani, he was associated with various clubs and associations like Cultural Secretary of Gandhi Bhawan (2002) – Coordinator, Dance Club for Oasis 2002 – Instructor, Dance Workshop (2003-04) – Vocalist, Drummer & Sitarist, Music Club (2003-04) – Core Member, Swimming Team (2000-2002) – Webmaster, and BITS Pilani site for Oasis 2003.
- While he was pursuing MBA, he participated in various sports like swimming and football. He also participated in the university’s music club as a vocalist, drummer, and sitarist at Music Club. He was also a member Finance Club of IIMA.
- On his LinkedIn account, he has talked about facing failure in his career. He wrote,
Declined the investment banking job offer to start up an eCommerce company in 2008. Failed. Raised seed funding from Rediff to run an online insurance portal. Shut down. Ran out of money. Borrowed from friends till I landed a job at McKinsey & Co. Survived. Started up again after two years. And have been building again ever since. Today, I still don’t know what success is but I understand what happiness can be. Happiness is the cacophony of creating and the bustle of building. I’m here to share our journey as we build SUGAR Cosmetics over the next decade. Would love to have you clued in on the ride.”
- In 2017, he was invited as a guest speaker at TEDx Talks in which spoke on the topic ‘Terrifying Goals & How to Chase Them.’
- He has featured in various business magazines and newspapers including Fortune 40 Under 40 List 2021, Economic Times, Entrepreneur magazine, Times of India, and HT Mint.
- In 2017, Kaushik, along with his wife Vineeta, has completed one of a series of long-distance triathlon races ‘Ironman Triathlon’ which is organized by the World Triathlon Corporation.
- He actively participates in various marathons and cycling events along with his wife.
- In his leisure time, he loves to play various sports like cricket and football.